Spring has to be close!

Help Support CattleToday:

csutton

Reaction score
Went and checked the 'taters and onions today and found about 10 or so tater sprouts coming up. Onions are still looking good too. Gonna be planting beans and peas within the next week or so, as soon as it dries up a bit.

You are ahead of this area too wet and ground still frozen. My tater, onions, cabbage and ect in containers in well house. On ready though. This week looks like it will happen.

csutton":1hdsjxj1 said:
Went and checked the 'taters and onions today and found about 10 or so tater sprouts coming up. Onions are still looking good too. Gonna be planting beans and peas within the next week or so, as soon as it dries up a bit.

Looks like venison to boot as I have one walking the garden every night.

18 inches of snow on the ground here. Good news is that all this snow this winter has brought the water table back to normal. Gonna be a while before I till the garden!!

Well, we got some snow the other day here (very seldom get snow). I think it got the sprouts that were up. Now its been raining all day, rained last week, so it may be a while before I can get in there and plant. Oh well, at least we are getting rain!

I planted two 40ft rows of sugarcane last fall. They've started sprouting. My potatoes aren't showing yet. I'm sure they will if we get another week of this heat wave. How deep did you plant your potatoes c? I'll plant a row of stringbeans this week. Maybe a row of yellow crookneck squash.

Well, we were getting some kinks out of the planter we used so some are about 2-3 inches deep, some seeds were showing after the first rain. on average about 2-3 inches though. They just really started showing in the past few days. We have had some nice warm sunny days last week. Was almost dry enough today to plant beans, but not yet. Now there calling for rain most of next week. Hopefully I'll get them in the ground before April. :|

Got everything in the ground this weekend. Feels good. I am so ready for fresh veggies!!!

Latest posts