Spring has sprung?

Help Support CattleToday:

D.R. Cattle

Reaction score
Got hotter than a well digger's butt in July today. Had to throw some bermuda shorts on and grab a cerveza to run plow and cultivator. Gotta tell you....Florida really sucks. It's just too dang nice down here. The Bellamy Brothers are playing right outside my favorite tiki bar tonight so I guess I won't be making sunrise service in the morning. Happy Easter folks!! Remember the reason for the season. Regards.

enjoy it wile you can mr. D.R cause the real hot wether is a comin soon and so are them hericanes dont ya think

It was 80 degrees yesterday, and last night we got another front in.. it barely got out of the 50's and windier than Chicago in April.

I wish the weather would make up it's mind! Although I do know the bass are biting like crazy!

We have the possibility of Tornadoes, Hail, high winds with severe T-Storms and about an inch of rain forecasted tonite, tomorrow...Hope Yall have a great Easter!

TUCO":3pwxm1a3 said:
enjoy it wile you can mr. D.R cause the real hot wether is a comin soon and so are them hericanes dont ya think

I've been here 36 years and 4 hurricanes have hit my area in that time. Two of them last year. Statistically that's 1 every 9 years. I'll take those odds. Just hope none of them are in the "catastrophic" or "total devastation" category. Surprisingly, hurricanes like every thing else have their place in nature for what needs to happen to kepp the planet working right. Amazing how quickly us little busy bodies can fix things back up afterwards. Hey do me a favor and let's not mention that dirty word again. I'm trying to bask in the good side of a tropical climate for the while.

Not to "rain on your parade" but have you heard the old saying that if it rains on Easter sunday - it will rain the next 7 sundays? I know what kind of spring you are going to have. :D

Been a duck drowner here for well over a week. We had 4 inches of rain in one day and tornadoes. had two calves that morning and two that afternoon of course. cleared up for one day and then more rain and tornadoes.
Rain/cold + full moon = calves out the wahzoo

Man oh man, I don't know how you southerners can get by in weather like that. I'll take a blizzard any day over days of rain in calving season. Sure hard to keep the calves healthy when they're drenched to the skin.

Hang in there. If I could I'd lend you some of this sunshine we're having for a few days.

Take care.

CattleAnnie":14dvynj3 said:
Man oh man, I don't know how you southerners can get by in weather like that. I'll take a blizzard any day over days of rain in calving season. Sure hard to keep the calves healthy when they're drenched to the skin.

Hang in there. If I could I'd lend you some of this sunshine we're having for a few days.

Take care.

It always surprises me how healthy the little buggers stay when the rain keeps them wet/damp most of the time. Laying around on cold wet grass but a full belly of milk seems to pretty much negate each other. KNock on wood, they've all stayed healthy, even the calfsickles are doing fine.

dun

I drove through a freak hail storm on Saturday, I noticed some small dents in my truck yesterday :cry: Hope the weather was better for everyone else.

calving in the rain isnt a problem. checking on cows calving in the rain can get a little tricky. what sucks is when its wet and cold, then hot, then wet and cold, etc.

Latest posts