Spring arrived right on time

Help Support CattleToday:

These are hand tooled, I suggested one down the middle making them 7x7 squares.
One thing I've learned in business the last 40 years is you have to listen to the person writing the check. I make proper suggestions, they make the call.
You can do my cement work any time. Wish you were close.

Well spring might have arrived on the first day of spring. But there is a winter storm warning arriving tonight. Some of the weather sites are saying 12 inches of snow in the mountains and 6 inches in the valleys. The one I trust is saying a 41 degree high tomorrow so our 6 inches or however much we get will be short lived. But no matter it looks like a sloppy wet day tomorrow.

It is supposed to get here about midnight. I looked at the weather radar. There is a big solid wet one that stretches from the mouth of the Columbia south clear to San Francisco. It isn't going to miss us. The only question is here in the valley will it be white or just wet.

-2F here in north central minnesota. snow is slowly settling down in height, but not melting much that you can notice. forecast is for snow thursday night and more on friday. no real forecast for warming for the next couple weeks! this is getting old.

Turned a little cooler early last night. Just into the upper 50s but grass needs it's 4th haircut already and I'm way behind on the weed eatin thing. Still, I never count winter out until right after Easter.

-2F here in north central minnesota. snow is slowly settling down in height, but not melting much that you can notice. forecast is for snow thursday night and more on friday. no real forecast for warming for the next couple weeks! this is getting old.
That is what our forecast is, maybe some snow on Thursday into Friday. There is not much melting going on, but at least the snow is shrinking. My driveway is all mud.

Turned a little cooler early last night. Just into the upper 50s but grass needs it's 4th haircut already and I'm way behind on the weed eatin thing. Still, I never count winter out until right after Easter.
It will be a while before we have to mow the lawn. As the snow has gone from the yard the wife is finding what she calls yard art. From dead mice to large pieces of deer hide. There is enough deer bones to build a couple of deer. A few cow bones from when the dogs decide they need something else to chew on so they make a trip to the bone yard. The cougars kill deer within a couple hundred yards of the house. They eat the meat but leave the bones for the dogs to drag to the yard. With calving in full swing the dogs have graduated from old bones to fresh after birth. Thankfully most of the time that gets consumed before it gets to the yard. But the key is "most of the time".

Little bit more snow overnight. Temps only into the low 30s and nights in the teens to single digits. Haven't put the snowplow away just yet.

I didn't know about right in time but we are getting a deluge of rain!!
Today and tomorrow the way its looking.

Loving every minute of it!

Going to try n catch cows for the sale Thursday, either tonight or tomorrow morning. Gonna be GREAT!!
THat's gfood news. I will have to call Zeke and let him know., so he doesn't have to worry about Bessie, Ellie and the babies! :giggle:

Latest posts