Spreading Grandpa's Ashes . . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
I'm so proud of my eldest grandchild, Colby. All of his near 24 years he's been a great kid -- smart, compassionate, witty, athletic, high-achiever. From the time he could walk, Colby wanted to be camping, hiking, fishing, going along on the hunting trips. When he got older, he added skiiing and snow-boarding and wake-boarding to his list. He's an energizer bunny. His goal when he started college in Montana was a degree in wildlife biology, but after first year, decided there wasn't much future money in that, so he switched to a business degree so he could make enough money to go play in the woods and be able to afford it through the years. He's now the CFO for a very successful Montana manufacturer that makes packing gear for hunters, that was a start-up company when he interned for them his 3rd year of college. Montana his now "home" for him -- not the apple orchard country of Washington. His paternal grandpa was his best hunting/fishing/camping/hiking buddy, and when Grandpa Allen succombed to cancer a few years ago, that was pretty hard on Colby. There is always a little bottle of Grandpa's ashes in his pack when he's in the mountains -- Grandpa Allen always goes along on the mountain adventures -- and sometimes, a little "bag of Grandpa." Last weekend Colby felt he was in a spot that his Grandpa would have enjoyed exploring. He made this little video for his Grandma. Bless his heart! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6QG-JX2XVU&sns=fb

farmerjan":34ul3ywl said:
Pretty awesome kid; you all did a good job raising him. :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :heart:
My daughter and his dad and all the fam did a good raising Colby. There were divorces and re-marriages -- each parent re-married and had other kids. But the raising of Colby was done without a lot of angst, and he adores his 1/2 sibs, and they adore him. As it should be.

Very nice.

Whoever raised that kid needs to print up the instructions and staple them to every light pole in the inner city. Maybe they'll learn what life is all about.