Spraying 24D Amine

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
I can't find any grazing restrictions( for beef cattle ) other than 3 days before slaughter , and an eye damage warning . Do you spray with cattle in the field ? I have used grazon before , in this situation , I just can't separate right now , and need to spray this weekend . Your thoughts , and TIA.

I spray with them on the field. the one thing I do watch for is they will eat the he// outta milkweed after its sprayed with 24d. I don't worry if theres just a sprinkling of it. but I reckon a field full of milkweed could be bad.

callmefence":29llykzz said:
I spray with them on the field. the one thing I do watch for is they will eat the he// outta milkweed after its sprayed with 24d. I don't worry if theres just a sprinkling of it. but I reckon a field full of milkweed could be bad.
I really wish you hadn't told me that. Sprayed yesterday , and my run of luck continues , ruined a tire on the rented sprayer and lost my pocketknife. Going to try and finish today , after taking a tire and wheel off one of the balers . Got quite a bit of milkweed, although I wouldn't call it a field full , almost makes me not want to go , thinking about it .

snoopdog":3owoibl9 said:
callmefence":3owoibl9 said:
I really wish you hadn't told me that. Sprayed yesterday , and my run of luck continues , ruined a tire on the rented sprayer and lost my pocketknife. Going to try and finish today , after taking a tire and wheel off one of the balers . Got quite a bit of milkweed, although I wouldn't call it a field full , almost makes me not want to go , thinking about it .
Oh I think I know where your pocket knife is! Check the tire!

snoopdog":heajpmai said:
callmefence":heajpmai said:

Last time I lost my pocket knife I couldn't sleep for days.

ez14.":32mjj2w2 said:
snoopdog":32mjj2w2 said:
callmefence":32mjj2w2 said:
Oh I think I know where your pocket knife is! Check the tire!
No , an old broke t post got the tire. Insult to injury , I got done , was almost home and something cut the sidewall on my pickup tire. So much for any rest.

callmefence":14i3gmxm said:
snoopdog":14i3gmxm said:
callmefence":14i3gmxm said:

Last time I lost my pocket knife I couldn't sleep for days.

That is why I carry a cheap pocket knife, they are impossible to loose.

Good NEWS! They are going to warranty the tire on my pickup , and the feed store is going to split it with me on the spray rig . Thank you jesus, thank you lord- rolling stones .