Sprayers?

Help Support CattleToday:

inbredredneck":kilte6y5 said:
1wlimo":kilte6y5 said:
correct, you can use ammonium sulphate or other water conditions if your water source requires this.
The water was conditioned with 2.5 gallons of Class Act per 100 gallons. Even after conditioning, the decrease in effectiveness was noted. Nows why would a persons continues to condition waters rather than decrease gpa? Whens the lower gpa showed increased effectiveness? Pays nothing, use less, gets betters contrtols.

in general if 10gpa can get the active ingredient to the target sight then yes go for it.

In many instances there would be no way the I could have achived a good application with lower rates. Also the water that I would have been using would have required no conditioning.

There is a general recomendation to use amonium sulphate to increase the effecincy of glyphosate and reduce the instance of resistance. Did you know that there are 10 weeds species no in the US that are resistant??
There are a further 19 species that are tolerant!!

1wlimo":3sj7p8ca said:
Did you know that there are 10 weeds species no in the US that are resistant??
I read an article recently I beleive by Nississippi State Univ that said they had found round-up resistant Johnson Grass
man if that is true it is gonna get nasty for the Delta farmers

Angus Cowman":1vwbzdzl said:
1wlimo":1vwbzdzl said:
Did you know that there are 10 weeds species no in the US that are resistant??
I read an article recently I beleive by Nississippi State Univ that said they had found round-up resistant Johnson Grass
man if that is true it is gonna get nasty for the Delta farmers

They found some in 2008 in two locations in the Delta. There is a report of 10,000ha in Argentenia.

best to use a chemical once in a year, and at an effective rate. Multiple use, and or reduced rates increase the rate at which resistacne builds up.

What kind of sprayer pumps you guys and gals have? My roller pumps never seem to last more then a season? Any advice, need to buy a new pump but tired of throwing money away. I store the pump correctly and don't understand why they don't hold pressure.

hayray":2g9ke36b said:
What kind of sprayer pumps you guys and gals have? My roller pumps never seem to last more then a season? Any advice, need to buy a new pump but tired of throwing money away. I store the pump correctly and don't understand why they don't hold pressure.
I'm not sure the make of my roller pump but it's lasted 7 years so far. After useage I rinse the pump with soapy water (run it through the tank) then with clear water till it comes out clear (also through the tank). When I lay it up for the winter I run some motor oil through it to protect and lube it. Only problem I had with mine was the little ball in the collar that locks onto the PTO shaft got lost once.

Dun's advice is very good.

I prefere a diafram pump. They last longer as a hole just needing the diafram replaced every year or so depndant on use, and they can be run dry with less problems.