Sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know about how many acres can be sprayed, but I have a 25 gallon sprayer on my 4-wheeler and can spray for 2-3 hours before having to fill up again.

too many variables involved for me to give you an answer.... how fast you are going, how fast your pto is turning, how wide a spray you are getting..... etc etc... but my suggestion to you is to go over an area that you know the accurate size of ... an acre or two, with water only... and see how much it took and then you will have a good idea..

just my 2 cents

gene

> How many acres can you spray with
> a 55 gallon sprayer? Spraying
> 2-4-D for weeds.

[email protected]

I agree with Gene. Each herbicide has specific instruction sheets for calibrating one's spray rig based on dilution, traveling speed, pump speed and delivery and other factors, including nozzle output, condition of the nozzles, pump, etc. When in doubt go by pesticide label instructions and follow exactly as possible. [Also, with any pesticide, consider wind factors, potential drift, temperature factors, and your legal liability should a herbicide or other pesticide damage a neighbor's crops or animals].

Read the herbicide label to determine the amount of water to apply per acre.

Divide 55 gallons by that number The results equal the number of acres that can be sprayed with 55 gallons.

Refer to the herbicide label to determine the herbicide rate per acre to apply on the specific weed(s) you are controlling.

The other posted suggestions are good; to avoid drift, using drift retardants,location from other susceptable plants etc.

> How many acres can you spray with
> a 55 gallon sprayer? Spraying
> 2-4-D for weeds.

[email protected]

Sorry for the confusion. What I am trying to determine is what size sprayer to buy a 55 gallon or a 110 gallon. I have about 30 acres in pasture. I will be spraying about 5 acres at a time. I don't want to spend all my time filling up the sprayer.

Thanks to all

If this is any help, I have a 25 Gal spray rig that I can spray a herbicide on about 2-3 acres at the recommended rate for what really bad weeds we do have. It has a 12 ft. boom and I travel at about 2-3 MPH.

Sorry I mis interpreted. Hope my comments didn't insult anyones intelligence. Just thought you might be a beginner. My next confusing answer. I would by the size spray tank that my equipment(tractor, 4 wheeler etc.) could easily handle. If a drag tank on wheels that different. Remember 110 gallons of water weighs 880 pounds, plus the frame of the sprayer. Get after them weeds.

> Sorry for the confusion. What I am
> trying to determine is what size
> sprayer to buy a 55 gallon or a
> 110 gallon. I have about 30 acres
> in pasture. I will be spraying
> about 5 acres at a time. I don't
> want to spend all my time filling
> up the sprayer.

> Thanks to all

[email protected]

Latest posts