Sprayer question?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
What size 3 point hitch sprayer would a 60 hp, Kubota M7040, handle? Would a 110 gallon be to much on a 3 point model? I don't have any sprayer experience but thought the 55 gallon model would be awful small sprayer pasture.

tom4018":1q67fiu9 said:
What size 3 point hitch sprayer would a 60 hp, Kubota M7040, handle? Would a 110 gallon be to much on a 3 point model? I don't have any sprayer experience but thought the 55 gallon model would be awful small sprayer pasture.

Tom I have a three point in 55 gallon for spraying spots and fence lines. Made a 250 gallon one out of a plastic tote tank which I got for 25 bucks mounted on a small two wheel trailer. It was cheaper than trying to buy one all I had to buy was the spray nozzle at 100 bucks pto pump at 70 bucks hose and three way vavle with pressure regulator at about another 100 bucks.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs ... ue&cFlag=1

tom4018":1q4b36fj said:
Yes, your Kubota will handle the sprayer. If it has a loader on it it will handle a larger one. You do not have to carry it full in the step and rough spots.

1 gal. of water weighs 8.34 lbs. so 110 gal. = 917.4 lbs
That should be no problem on your tractor.

Caustic Burno":61kte8ab said:
tom4018":61kte8ab said:

Tom I have a three point in 55 gallon for spraying spots and fence lines. Made a 250 gallon one out of a plastic tote tank which I got for 25 bucks mounted on a small two wheel trailer. It was cheaper than trying to buy one all I had to buy was the spray nozzle at 100 bucks pto pump at 70 bucks hose and three way vavle with pressure regulator at about another 100 bucks.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs ... ue&cFlag=1
Looks like great minds think alike. :lol2:
I built the same set up. I just bought the same spray head but it seems as the nozzles that spray to the outside are putting out a lot more than the rest and the droplets are a lot larger. Will more pressure help?
This set up is great because I can load several tanks on a trailer and take to pasture where there is no water available. I just change out the tanks via forks on skid loader.

novatech":lufqqzl8 said:
I just bought the same spray head but it seems as the nozzles that spray to the outside are putting out a lot more than the rest and the droplets are a lot larger. Will more pressure help?

I saw the same problem with the commercail boomless sprayers so I don;t htink pressure would make that much more of a difference. In order for the spray to travel to it's furthest point the droplets would almost have to be larger (heavier) I think.
To the original question: I used a 110 gal boom sprayer on a 50 hp Farmtrac and it handled it just fine.

I have found that 75-80 psi gives better atomization. I have a boom sprayer and seldom use it anymore just have to constantly watch due to a nozzle plugging or watching for a tree. I love the boomless if the tractor will go through so will the trailer and sprayer.

I tried one of those "boomless" spray heads once. Wound up with more chemical on me than went on the plants. They may work pretty good but you must pick your day to spray (no wind).

My sprayer I use 3/4" hose to connect to the spray nozzels to make sure I don't starve any of them. I also use "drift guard" nozzels which produces larger droplets but then I don't have to worry about law suits from my neighbors for killing their trees or other crops. I run 50 to 60 PSI out of the pump with a 300 gallon fiberglass tank mounted on wheels.

I am using one called the boominator. Has 30 foot coverage. I really like it. All of the spray comes out in an arc 180 degrees to the ground with the chord of the arc paralell to the ground and will not get on you. Keep in mind you will need 15 to twenty gallons of mixed herbicide per acre for the pasture. A fifty gallon would do about two acres. I have a 300 gallon on a trailer. I can do about 15 acres with one fill up. Takes about two and one half hours to empty.

hurleyjd":2xcccoj2 said:
I am using one called the boominator. Has 30 foot coverage. I really like it. All of the spray comes out in an arc 180 degrees to the ground with the chord of the arc paralell to the ground and will not get on you. Keep in mind you will need 15 to twenty gallons of mixed herbicide per acre for the pasture. A fifty gallon would do about two acres. I have a 300 gallon on a trailer. I can do about 15 acres with one fill up. Takes about two and one half hours to empty.

Dang, if I understand you correctly, the spray is directed down? No wonder I got wet. I had the spray directed UP! (DUH) Well, I guess I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree but I can learn. Thanks.

Latest posts