Spray or not

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
Here is my dilemma, I have a place that has lots of yellow hop clover also a fairly good stand of arrowleaf clover pluse a bunch of weeds ,mainly rag weed, this is all mixed in with a THICK stand of burmuda grass, I just hate to spray and kill the clover but I sure would like to kill the weeds. Most of the time I have been waiting till later and brush hogging it ,just not short,over the top of the grass.This is just a small 16 acres where I live not my main pasture,so should I spray or brush hog ?

where are you located? What do you use the place for? Hay ? Pasture? If you have a ton of clover and you are gonna use it for hay id cut it then spray but by now I would have sprayed 2 months ago as soon as everything started growing. I can tell you one thing dont let weeds go to seed and next year and following years will be easier to control. I spray the .... out of my stuff for the most part.

For weeds taller then the desireable plants a weedwiper is the best alternative, but the tall weeds have to be actively growing for it to work. If the aren;t actively growing and have already started to flower you might as well just brushhog them.

2,4DB will kill the weeds and not the clover. Though if the weeds are too tall, a wiper with a strong glyphosate solution would probably work better.

quote="skyhightree1"]where are you located? What do you use the place for?[/quote]

I live in Okla. use it as pasture

Isomade":2cartlfd said:
Clover only has a week or two left in Bermuda country. Spray it
If I spray it will it kill it out to where it will not come back next year. I kind of like the clovers they come on early, so I was trying not to kill them out for good ???

Thanks for the info;

forgety spraying for weeds.if the clover is as good stand as you say i would bale it ASAP.an that would save you money.i hate using chemicals on land.

Latest posts