Spokane Squirrel Wars

Help Support CattleToday:

Gasoline & open flame

First a little history.
Active member of VFD for 19yrs.Enough training to drive you nuts.

Had a yellowjackets nest at corner of yard in 4ft high hollow stump.Now for those of you who don't know gas is death on yellowjackets by itself and a little fire just makes it fun.Took full 1.5gal weedeater mix gas jug poured in stump saved enough to walk at a fast pace about 15ft away from stump to leave gas trail for ignitition point.Had wife standing there with stick with paper towels wrapped around it ablaze to drop on gas trail when I walked by.(if you notice here I had a plan must be firefighter training)When all this came together I swear I saw flaming yellowjackets go 75ft in the air and the windows in the house shook.Now you would think this would be over with the bees being destroyed along with their little home but the blazing jackets have started the leaves on fire.Now after running in circles stomping the leaves out and raking them back the fire is contained to the stump but then notice that bees that had not been in stump at the start of my "fun" are buzzing all around the stump and me .Now to end this story before I bore you all to death I have never been stung so many times in my lifeand we use to raise honey bees.

Moral of the story

WAIT TILL DARK TO BURN OUT BEES

PS one of these days i'll have to tell you about filling squirtgun with gas and adding fire.

OMG ............. :clap: :clap: :cry2: :clap: :clap: :cry2: :clap: and if they had a smilie that could wet its pants, while rolling on the floor laughing, it would be up here too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am so telling this story at the station :lol: :lol: :lol: and at work :lol: :lol:

Latest posts