Spin on oil filter kit

Help Support CattleToday:

f150fatboy

Reaction score
Anybody ever tried to change the cartridge filter on their tractor to a spin on type?
I've got an old International B414 and thinking about trying to change it out.

Thanks,
f150fatboy

Canged an old 65 massey ferguson diesel over. Very easy to do but like was said earlier you need a deep socket!

J&D Cattle":2e5rjasn said:
Grandpa put one on his old Ford 601 years ago. Lots easier.

J&D, do you have any technical information for the 601 adapter like what brand it is and which filter it takes? I have an 601 and changing the canister filter is a mess!

f-g

Fly-guy":3s5gujfp said:
J&D Cattle":3s5gujfp said:
Grandpa put one on his old Ford 601 years ago. Lots easier.

J&D, do you have any technical information for the 601 adapter like what brand it is and which filter it takes? I have an 601 and changing the canister filter is a mess!

f-g

Sorry for the very late reply. I don't know the brand of the conversion but I can get you the filter #. Fram is a PH8A and Motorcraft is FL1A. I know NAPA makes one too as that is what we took off the last time we replaced it.

J&B, thanks for the information. I would really like to convert the tractor to a spin on filter as the canister type of filter is difficult to install. The gaskets are so narrow and it is a bear to get on just right. Maybe someone else will know what adapter kit is needed to convert the filter with!?

f-g

Latest posts