spider bite

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
Has anyone been bitten by a Widow spider....the little critters have invaded our Country and low and behold one bit me the other day, have been in hospital for a few days, as it has effected me bad, was told it is because of my Diabetes, not enough immune system to ward off things like this. What with the Chiggers a few weeks ago and now this, not sure about going out in the garden without full combat gear. Family have told me to stay away from the bushes let them grow how they want, my Husband has hired a gardener and said he can sort them out, as he knows what to look out for. My Husband has built me a new decking so I think I will stay on that from now on.

Glad you are doing better. Around here, Black Widows normally can only be found in dark dry places such as the underside of buckets or in out of the way shelves and things. Never seen them in bushes or other areas that get damp or wet.

I'd guess we have different spiders-got a photo? Glad you're better,diabeties does complicate your life,doesn't it :shock: Get well,boss the gardner around,enjoy the deck,send photos!! :wave:

Sorry to hear of your hospital stay. Hope you are top notch soon. Enjoy the new deck and watch out for all the little critters they must be ganging up on you. Be careful. JLP

peg4x4":1dt9i6b9 said:
I'd guess we have different spiders-got a photo? Glad you're better,diabeties does complicate your life,doesn't it :shock: Get well,boss the gardner around,enjoy the deck,send photos!! :wave:

st-grossa_370_11772_1.jpg
this is what the critter used to look like, will post some photo's of the decking when I get them onto the computer.
Thank you all for all your well wishes.
ps....The gardener is a very good friend of my Husbands, so can't boss him around to much, as he might throw me in a bush :lol2:

Never been bitten by a black one, but a brown one got me about 20 years ago on the back of the hand. Talk about painful.....

Took about 6 months for all of the skin to rot off and heal. A spider bite is a nasty thing.

Best of luck to you!

Sorry about your bad luck. That darn diabetes complicates everything, doesn't it? Glad you got medical attention, someone we know almost lost a limb because he was too "manly" to go to the doctor for a spider bite until it got real ugly.

Chrissy, that looks like the same monster we have. I'm scared to death of them. My sister was bitten by a brown recluse and it really messed her up for some time. Hope you are mending well.

BTW - your husband's hiring a gardener after this incident speaks well of him as my friend who is on her second gardening snake bite still doesn't have one. Maybe she needs to try a spider bite. ;-) I saw both the other day and boy did I have some fun. Oh, she is OK now but she does have one nasy looking foot - pink toe nails or not.

Jogeephus":1zc48wfb said:
Chrissy, that looks like the same monster we have. I'm scared to death of them. My sister was bitten by a brown recluse and it really messed her up for some time. Hope you are mending well.

BTW - your husband's hiring a gardener after this incident speaks well of him as my friend who is on her second gardening snake bite still doesn't have one. Maybe she needs to try a spider bite. ;-) I saw both the other day and boy did I have some fun. Oh, she is OK now but she does have one nasy looking foot - pink toe nails or not.
Yeah my Husband is not a bad old stick, he has some thoughtful ways, can't get rid of me as no-one will be here to cook his dinner and iron his work shirts, no his not really like that he has cooked and cleaned for me since I've been home, a one in a million. I have localized cellulitis in my left leg, (Poisoning in the connecting tissues) I'm scared of spiders to always have been, that is one reason I have not been to Australia for fear of the funnel web and red back, I was on the look out while in Louisiana for the recluse, snakes I can handle but those eight legged things I hate, even more so now. Doc said it will take at least two weeks for the poison to be out of my leg, and another lot of antibiotics. It burns like he!! and this weather is not helping, and I usually love the sun.
Thanks again everyone for your well wishes.

chrisy":2ly48j4g said:
Jogeephus":2ly48j4g said:

Yeah my Husband is not a bad old stick, he has some thoughtful ways, can't get rid of me as no-one will be here to cook his dinner and iron his work shirts, no his not really like that he has cooked and cleaned for me since I've been home, a one in a million. I have localized cellulitis in my left leg, (Poisoning in the connecting tissues) I'm scared of spiders to always have been, that is one reason I have not been to Australia for fear of the funnel web and red back, I was on the look out while in Louisiana for the recluse, snakes I can handle but those eight legged things I hate, even more so now. Doc said it will take at least two weeks for the poison to be out of my leg, and another lot of antibiotics. It burns like he!! and this weather is not helping, and I usually love the sun.
Thanks again everyone for your well wishes.

Problem with those women and a long term marriages Chrisy is that the women are so darned expensive to get rid of!

By the time the judge gets done giving her her half, the poor hard working guy is astounded at what he is worth. 8)

Get better - best to you

Bez+

Bez+":1innhu7d said:
chrisy":1innhu7d said:
Thanks Bez....I was meaning popping me clogs, not divorce. :banana: don't think either of us wants to go through that again.

It was a joke - poor attempt at best it seems

Bez+
I knew you were joking, that's why I used the banana, I was being sarcastic back at you, sorry, seems our American/British humour sometimes gets lost on each other.

Latest posts