Speidel Weed Wiper

Help Support CattleToday:

Larry Sansom

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Speidel Weed Wiper? I have considered the wiper only to put on front end loader to kill weeds after each rotational grazing. Seems this year they are especially bad. They also make a pull type version on what appears to be bike wheels. How does it compare to the Rotowiper as advertised in Stockman Grassfarmer? I understand it is Roundup only as chemical use.

I own a spiedel weed wiper. They work nice. They work very well if the weed is at least 6in. above the crop. I can't comment on the other version. I have mounted mine on the front end loader and on a four wheeler as well.

Thanks for reply - How has the cover held up over time. Looks like rubbing over weeds will wear it out - what has been your experience?

I have only had it for a couple of years. I guess I have wicked a couple hundred acres total. It is fine so far. the glue wants to come loose but I just zip tie it. I loaned it to a neighbor. He didn't bring it back for a year and never cleaned it out so that may be the trouble. It isn't perfect but it helps.

Latest posts