Speaking of terms......

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms":7kjaoq9d said:
dun":7kjaoq9d said:
What about th railroad term "hog head"?

dun
Hog head or Hogger = Engineeer.

There was a couple of girls that lived in a small town north of here that were nick named Hog Head an Grand Canyon, they moved to Stephenville Texas about 12 years ago.
I think the Texas sayin fit them better, everything is bigger an better in Texas. :lol: :lol:

john250":1znvnkum said:
Crowderfarms":1znvnkum said:
dun":1znvnkum said:

dun

A hogshead is a large wooden barrel for storing unmanufactured tobacco while it ages.

I have heard hogshead with tobacco stuff, too.

john250":127mvk4o said:
Crowderfarms":127mvk4o said:
dun":127mvk4o said:

dun

A hogshead is a large wooden barrel for storing unmanufactured tobacco while it ages.

I've heard it used in reference to the center section of an axle carrier.

cfpinz

There was a couple of girls that lived in a small town north of here that were nick named Hog Head an Grand Canyon, they moved to Stephenville Texas about 12 years ago.
I think the Texas sayin fit them better, everything is bigger an better in Texas.

NOT QUITE THE STORIES I WAS TALKING ABOUT. LOL

dun":1y1ws74q said:

dun

That's the same things as a fog eater, throttle puller, speed gauger, and eagle eye :lol:

Here's one that always got a good laugh back in the day...what about a cinder dick?...Heard of that railroad term dun? :lol:

NamVet_Farmer44":ylyxfzc9 said:
dun":ylyxfzc9 said:

dun

That's the same things as a fog eater, throttle puller, speed gauger, and eagle eye :lol:

Here's one that always got a good laugh back in the day...what about a cinder dick?...Heard of that railroad term dun? :lol:

Nope

NamVet_Farmer44":25me2zds said:
dun":25me2zds said:

dun

Same as a Yard Bull??? Or maybe a RR Det.???

I remember something about my Daddy talking about being a Bridge Molly. What's that??Z

MillIronQH":1qcyhswb said:
NamVet_Farmer44":1qcyhswb said:
dun":1qcyhswb said:

dun

I wish I could remember what the guys in the RPO car were called.

That would be my guess, but I've never heard the term.

dun

MillIronQH":1w0is8i6 said:
NamVet_Farmer44":1w0is8i6 said:
dun":1w0is8i6 said:

dun

I remember something about my Daddy talking about being a Bridge Molly. What's that??Z

Yep, your right about the cinder dick...same thing as a yard bull...and a 'bo chaser :lol: ...I aint sure what a bridge molly is...maybe he could have said "mallet" instead?...it's pronounced "mallay"...sounds kinda like molly...a mallet is just a certain type of train though