Speaking of teenagers... dress codes

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
iowahawkeyes":3712msap said:
Aaron[b:3712msap said:
":3712msap]It all comes back to the parents. If you need a dress code, you have a whole lot of parents who can't handle their kids.[/b]

No dress code at my high school. Would be a revolt, and possible torching of the school if they had.

On the other hand, it wasn't uncommon for my teachers to call a fellow female student a be nice, or a male student a dumb-ass if they took their appearance to the extreme. No teacher ever got in trouble for saying it. If they ever did, there would be a class of students backing him up. :cowboy:

You don't have kids right?

And you don't live in the US. Faster than a speeding lawyer you couldn't get by with that.[/quot

I forget that sometimes. In which case, I think I would be home schooling my kids. There is a limit to what I would allow the state to do to pressure/conform my kids. After uniforms, the next logical step is the goose-step, and then practice with a hammer and sickle. :cowboy:

not really it was mostly teachers that thought they could do no wrong or get fired.an sometimes they would single out the wrong kid to pick on.i was 1 of the kids a teacher decided to pick on real bad.an she was warned by the other teachers an super intendent not to mess with me.but she did it anyway.an id go to the office an say call my dad.an they ask is he in a good mood today.an id say maybe but when he gets here he will go after that teacher.well she foundout what he would do.but it took her 6wks to really learn.an he finally told her enough is enough your gonna loose your job if you dont resign at the end of the school year.an she resigned her job an quit because she knew he wouldnt back up.for the rest of my senior year i went 1 or 2 days a week because of her.the teachers knew me an they knew i was honest with them.an they knew what my dad would do.

Pardon me???? Kids in private schools have been wearing uniforms for generations. That doesn't mean that they are communists. And what about the military? Police? Postal workers? Fire fighters? Sanitation workers?

Yep, all a bunch of commies!

I worry more about people not in uniform telling me what to do...

You are about to step into it.

This was not about whether I think that school dress policies are communist or some plot to overthrow the government or whether it leads to whatever you are thinking.

As usual, Aaron, you have overstepped yourself.

Don't get my thread locked! It started out innocently enough.

Lammie":24xw3tta said:
Pardon me???? Kids in private schools have been wearing uniforms for generations. That doesn't mean that they are communists. And what about the military? Police? Postal workers? Fire fighters? Sanitation workers?

Yep, all a bunch of commies!

I worry more about people not in uniform telling me what to do...

You are about to step into it.

This was not about whether I think that school dress policies are communist or some plot to overthrow the government or whether it leads to whatever you are thinking.

As usual, Aaron, you have overstepped yourself.

Don't get my thread locked! It started out innocently enough.
well im thinking its teaching them moderation... their main focus is there to learn

Thanks. It's hard to concentrate when you are too busy wondering about what to wear. And I believe it promotes teamwork and, well, uniformity. They can express themselves all summer and on weekends. I personally would love to wear my jeans to work every day but I have a dress code, too.

Don't march yourself on here and start picking on anyone. This is, what, your second post? Did your daddy teach you about flaming?

Are you gonna flame me now?

How about hijacking my thread? That's pretty uncalled for, as well. I generally don't care but if you are going to hijack my thread for the purpose of flaming my friend, then don't.

ill have you to know 2 things son.my dad quit school when he was 18 an went to work.like me he didnt like school.an he did pretty darn good.built a dairy from scratch.bought an paid for 320acs.ran a trucking company along with the dairy.an he has been dead 18yrs.you can flame me all you want.an thats ok.because i can take it.an i bet ive forgotten more than your learning here.

WOWOWOW!!!!!! ;-) :help:

You all are excited about dress codes....

I have had them and so have my kids...

Dress codes are like a good lock? They only keep the honest people out. :cowboy:
The kids and parents that will not abide, still go on like they please?

While the rest of us get to lock our doors? Yep they help alot. :D Just another failed idea the try and make the world safer? Weird how that never works?

Anyhow thats my take. Take it or leave it?

No, I'm just tired of seeing underwear and boobs. High school is hard enough without strippers. And the tee shirts are sometimes offensive. Parents should never let their kids walk out the door like that, but then when I see the parents, they are dressed the same say.

There is always going to be some conformity. Part of being in school is learning how to be a part of a group. You can't always show your boobs. You can't always dress like a gangster. It leave a bad first impression. I am hoping that these folks will join the workforce one day.

redfornow":2u0kf3np said:

Dress codes are like a good lock? They only keep the honest people out. :cowboy:

While the rest of us get to lock our doors? Yep they help alot. :D Just another failed idea the try and make the world safer? Weird how that never works?

That makes no sense to me whatever. If you are an honest person, you should have a key to any locks where you have any business. I'm not keeping out honest people when I lock up the truck.

Lammie":3c3gj7jw said:
redfornow":3c3gj7jw said:

That makes no sense to me whatever. If you are an honest person, you should have a key to any locks where you have any business. I'm not keeping out honest people when I lock up the truck.

Think about it... You are smarter than that....

All you keep out is the ones that you didnt need to keep out....
The people that break the rules still break the rules.

There is no need for uniforms. Just adults who run a school well...
If you dont have that? All the "locks" or rules in the world will not help you? :clap:

I don't think uniforms are the way to go, but I think most schools do have dress codes, or rules on what is not acceptable to wear, for both boys and girls. i think alot of it is just plain common sense.

GMN

GMN":27q1nq1s said:
I don't think uniforms are the way to go, but I think most schools do have dress codes, or rules on what is not acceptable to wear, for both boys and girls. i think alot of it is just plain common sense.

GMN

There we go....

And common sense aint that common.

I agee that rules, discipline, dress code, all that are foundations on which everything else can be built. If you don't have a good foundation, the everything else, grades, teams, school spirit, pride, community support, can't exist.

But you are right. All the rules in the world can't take the place of a good leader and in our case we have been lacking that for several years. I am hoping that with the new administration coming in, we can rebuild the foundation and then build up from there. Bad attitudes are catchy. We have had some bad ones. Maybe we can weed them out and start new in the fall.

Lammie":lrt41gj6 said:
I agee that rules, discipline, dress code, all that are foundations on which everything else can be built. If you don't have a good foundation, the everything else, grades, teams, school spirit, pride, community support, can't exist.

But you are right. All the rules in the world can't take the place of a good leader and in our case we have been lacking that for several years. I am hoping that with the new administration coming in, we can rebuild the foundation and then build up from there. Bad attitudes are catchy. We have had some bad ones. Maybe we can weed them out and start new in the fall.

That is so right... Leadership will make or break everything.

Good luck with getting the right type of leader. That type of change can be night and day in a short time.

Blessings,

redfornow":12grvyjd said:
GMN":12grvyjd said:

GMN

There we go....

And common sense aint that common.

I know what you mean, maybe they should teach that,although I think in alot of peoples cases, its you either got it, know what it is, or you don't.

GMN

I remember when the high school implemented a stricter dress code for the kids... the kids were furious!

I remember the parents at the meeting where the logic for the new dress code was given -- and it all boiled down to the parents that think their little angel can do no wrong (you got it right there alacattlemen) -- basically the school was tired of fighting the parents that received phone calls stating their little darling was dressed inappropriately and instead of fixing the child's clothing they would argue and threaten to sue the school... :???:

So they had to publish very strict dress codes like has been said here 2" minimum strap on tank tops for girls, shirts cut no lower than the collar bone and tucked in (no belly buttons showing). Pants with proper waist size (no greater than 1" of bagginess at the waist), no advertisements for adult products on any clothing or backpacks (to get rid of the Marlboro, Budweiser), and the list went on and on and on.

It's both a good thing for the kids, and a sad statement of the society in which we live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts