Speaking of lumpy bulls..

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
I recenlty bought back a Brahman bull I raised to put on some cows at a lease place. When he came back, he had this lovely knee.
DSC00065.jpg

It's hard, so obviously a previous injury, and doesn't have any impact on his ability to get around. Will taking him to A & M have any advantages? [/img]

i dont know if their vets can help you or not looks like his knee has been disslocated or broken i would have it x-rayed what i would be scared of is you tryed to correct it you could cripple him worse scott

I don't think it would be dislocated or broken if it isnt affecting his ability to get around.

I think the vets at A&M could help, but then again I'm a lil biased ;-)

it wouldnt hurt to get it xrayed. its likely healed itself (or at least grown back together) by now so probably not a lot can be done for it. if he is getting around on it well enough its probably ok. my concern would be him reinjuring it when coming back down from a mount. have you seen him mounting yet? (i know a lot of brahmans dont like an audience ;-) )

Looks like he's popped that knee joint. Cracked or broke one of the metacarpals(?) in there and compromised the synovial fluid in it. I had an old gelding who did that, and it looked the same. Very slight swelling when it first happened, but 3 legged lame. He quit limping as it healed, but it swelled up like the one in your pic, and was hard, and he had very little range of motion for the first 2 years after the injury. There was alot of calcification that went on n there as it healed. Only temporary fix for it was to inject the joint with hyalauric (SP) acid and/or cortizone to lube the joint, but there was no cure for it, just the warning that osteoarthritis would set in eventually, which it did. In any case, A&M ought to be able to figure it out for ya.

Latest posts