Speaking of killing elephants

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
In relation to a cow, how much methane do you think an elephant produces each year? And if you are up on this important stuff, do you also know what the black rhino and the hippo produces as well? Just wondering. Its this important stuff like this I need to keep abreast of. :nod:

grannysoo":3ivhpomh said:
Jo, you need to go feed the cows or something. :lol2:

I'm just taking a proactive approach to this huge crisis we are in. Looking at options so to speak. Grannysoo, I really think ya'll need to start filling in the Okefenokee Swamp cause I'm sure that eye sore is terrible on the envrionment. ;-) :lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus":1jirtos5 said:
grannysoo":1jirtos5 said:
Jo, you need to go feed the cows or something. :lol2:

I'm just taking a proactive approach to this huge crisis we are in. Looking at options so to speak. Grannysoo, I really think ya'll need to start filling in the Okefenokee Swamp cause I'm sure that eye sore is terrible on the envrionment. ;-) :lol2: :lol2:

There you go again talking about us rednecks and swampers. We've been filling up the swamp for years with dead bodies.... :roll:

Jogeephus":1lscdlok said:
In relation to a cow, how much methane do you think an elephant produces each year? And if you are up on this important stuff, do you also know what the black rhino and the hippo produces as well? Just wondering. Its this important stuff like this I need to keep abreast of. :nod:

I saw on TV the other evening, archaeologists found the remains of dinasaur (maybe T-REX) with the potential to clone from DNA. I don't believe much I see and read, but if they could do this (Juarassic Park), imagine how much methane they could produce relative to an elephant.

HerefordSire":26bh0li3 said:
Jogeephus":26bh0li3 said:

I saw on TV the other evening, archaeologists found the remains of dinasaur (maybe T-REX) with the potential to clone from DNA. I don't believe much I see and read, but if they could do this (Juarassic Park), imagine how much methane they could produce relative to an elephant.

Now that I might like to see. Talk about some fast paced natural selection to get rid of some stupid people.

HerefordSire":3gzadhz9 said:
Jogeephus":3gzadhz9 said:

Aren't dinos more like birds, digestively? I don't think they could compete with wooly mammoths producing methane, but they sure could crap on your car.

john250":1dwb09xh said:
HerefordSire":1dwb09xh said:
Jogeephus":1dwb09xh said:

Aren't dinos more like birds, digestively? I don't think they could compete with wooly mammoths producing methane, but they sure could crap on your car.

T-Rex was probably a herbivore but there were some carnivores.

I watched one of those shows about dinosaurs and stuff a few months ago. What really interested me was their statement about the earth's atmoshere had several times the amount of CO2 in it as it does now. They said that stimulated plant growth which allowed the plants to grow bigger and faster thus providing the food for the dino's. So if you look back at things, it could be argued that a high CO2 content in the atmosphere is "more natural" than what it is now and we are merely returning to the original base line. Of course, there is no money in this logic.

Jogeephus":2dclzuun said:
I watched one of those shows about dinosaurs and stuff a few months ago. What really interested me was their statement about the earth's atmoshere had several times the amount of CO2 in it as it does now. They said that stimulated plant growth which allowed the plants to grow bigger and faster thus providing the food for the dino's. So if you look back at things, it could be argued that a high CO2 content in the atmosphere is "more natural" than what it is now and we are merely returning to the original base line. Of course, there is no money in this logic.

It is one thing to pass a tobacco tax on users to pay for medical bills of uninsured smokers; it is another thing to pass a methane cattle tax into food of non-obese citizens; next thing you know there could be a tax to flush the toilet and all the people that don't use them will have to pay it through their water bill; :idea:

dyates":3gklqv0l said:
HerefordSire":3gklqv0l said:
Jogeephus":3gklqv0l said:

Now that I might like to see. Talk about some fast paced natural selection to get rid of some stupid people.

Naw...the stupid would still be here. All they'd catch would be the slow ones.

HerefordSire":36d60krl said:

That was probably what the real demise of the dinasaur was....all that methane gas they produced. :lol:

Limomike":1zslcqat said:
HerefordSire":1zslcqat said:

That was probably what the real demise of the dinasaur was....all that methane gas they produced. :lol:

A large dino could inadvertently blow away a horse. :compute:

Latest posts