Speaking of eggs..................

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
When I was a kid we had a number of different euphemisms for eggs, i.e. cackle berrys, hen fruit, pullet pellets, young tender boneless chicken..............
What do you call them?

I remember cackleberries also. My Grandma sold eggs and I remember washing around 300 a day. It don't take long to get sick of eggs and where they come from at that rate.

A lot of Mexican spoken around her so, huevos tambien.

3waycross":1xp4nhff said:
KNERSIE":1xp4nhff said:
arse apples

That's funny that's what we called horseshyt
I somtimes wonder what was going through the mind of the first person the eat an egg. Did he just say to himself "I'm going to eat the next thing that comes out of the birds butt"?

dun":32i3k5i2 said:
3waycross":32i3k5i2 said:
KNERSIE":32i3k5i2 said:
arse apples

I somtimes wonder what was going through the mind of the first person the eat an egg. Did he just say to himself "I'm going to eat the next thing that comes out of the birds butt"?
Could have been the same person that decided to eat a raw oyster. :p

dun":3mbrw81h said:

More amazing still is the ingenuity of the first person that figured out how to mix eggs with flour and sugar to make a cake.

dun":9b3cx8yk said:
3waycross":9b3cx8yk said:
KNERSIE":9b3cx8yk said:
arse apples

Too much time in the hidey hole lately? Or did the librarian send you down the wrong aisle? (All purely rhetorical you don't have to answer).

Fred":1bk11udt said:
Down here the Cajuns would say "pick the eggs" for gathering the eggs.

I like that. My uncle Mike from Lago Italy used to call plucking chickens; "peeling the peeps".

Fred":2vm4ef7r said:
Down here the Cajuns would say "pick the eggs" for gathering the eggs.
When I was a little redneck boy I would be told to go "get" the eggs or may "pick up" the eggs.
Never heard the term "gathering" eggs. That sounds like some sort of foreign talk.

"Plucking" feathers sounds like some sort of Hollywood movie talk to me. Or maybe Green Acres TV show.
We always just sort of pulled the feathers off.

I say "eggs", but I'm not sure how it sounds to the less sophisticated and untrained ear.

I don't think the first person to eat an egg thought anything but "FOOD! Oh thanks be! Now my children will live another day!"

Latest posts