Speaking of driving.....

Help Support CattleToday:

karlie45":1bl6q1sv said:
Well, I'm not from texas, but I like the way they do it here! There are no parent taught coarses. In my drives ed class, I had to pass 32 chapter tests with an 85% or better to be able to take the final. I had to pass the final with a 90% to pass the class. I got one question wrong on my permit test. Behind the wheel- 12 hours total-6 hours driving-6 hours watchin, listening, and learning. They used the same test as the DMV to pass/fail in BTW. Had to drive 30 hours day, 10 hours night to take the DMV BTW test. (all tracked in a log) I passed the DMV behind the wheel with 100%.

They dont put very many restrictions on us after that- we can have as many people in a car as long as they fit/buckled in. No cellphones. We can drive at night/morning. I think it works well.

That sounds almost identical to Georgia but due to budget cutbacks in some schools, they also allow internet instruction.

Texas went to parent taught drivers ed because of lawsuits. It seems that income prohibited some young drivers from being able to afford drivers ed. They sued and Texas changed the law so that everyone would have a chance to get their drivers license. I wonder if they can afford the insurance if they can't afford drivers ed.

In regard to restrictions, it is a graduated program. You must have your permit for at least 6 months before you apply for your actual license. You can only have one rider for the 1st 6 months. After that you can have up to 3 non relatives until age 18. There is a hour restriction, but it is not on my son's expired license.

In our school district, the cost is around $350 after that add in additional fees.

I know it is not if my son has a wreck, but when. I pray it will be a minor fender bender.

When kids drive, it adds a whole new parential worry.

When I was growing up Drivers Ed was free in N.C., always figured it was the same everywhere.

I got my license when I was 16. I think 16 year olds today, and I'm not saying all of them are, but dont you think they are a little immature?

You have to be 21 to legally drink, and only 16 to get behind a couple tons of vehicle.Like Aunt Alice said, another problem is too many distractions, like cell phones, text messaging and the CD player buttons.Not to mention the "Daddy bought" pick-ups, SUV's and fast cars.

Latest posts