Speaking of Cops over reacting

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Here once again is yet another example of police officers not working with the public and over-reacting and putting the public at risk. I think this is definitely a racial thing and just goes to show the plight of the country. Watching this you can clearly see the need for white officers and those Uncle Tom officers to go through more extensive training when dealing with some in our community because a simple speeding ticket is no reason to escalate matters to the point where it puts children and the public in danger. I think it was Hurley who pointed out this is genetic and some people cannot help themselves so its not their fault and should not be held at the same standards of civility as others in the society. Officers need to understand this and act accordingly else we will have more and more travesties of justice like Garner and Ferguson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBL6AEkvLbk

Decide now law is a bad law....

Stupid compounded by idiocy..

Everything was wrong on every level.

tistis":23q260hp said:
Should have mail it in
Agreed.
Refusing to sign a ticket will get anyone in the pokey. I thought he was very patient explaining the options she had. Mail it in or present your case before the Magistrate.

That's a new one on me as far as having to make that choice on the side of the road. In Colo you get a ticket and you either mail it in or go to court on the date specified on the ticket. If you fail to appear then they issue a bench warrent.

Also in Colo if an officer declines to write you for an expired license in addition to the speeding ticket you thank him profusely and take your ticket. In fact I don't believe that we are even required to sign the ticket(I think).

To me at least the problem here is this lady is not a NM resident it looks like she is sporting California plates, that probably had an effect on his descision to detain her. One thing is for sure she did everything in her power to escalate the situation and it worked.

The biggest mistake the police made is not boxing her in when backup arrived..well that and trying to shoot out the tires on the van.

3waycross":144t3xph said:
snip...

The biggest mistake the police made is not boxing her in when backup arrived..well that and trying to shoot out the tires on the van.

IMHO the biggest mistake was the officer firing at the vehicle. A good reason the box method wasn't used was in case gunfire broke out. It would put one officer behind and one in front of the van. Don't need those cops firing in each other's direction.

slick4591":bww5yiuv said:
3waycross":bww5yiuv said:
snip...

IMHO the biggest mistake was the officer firing at the vehicle. A good reason the box method wasn't used was in case gunfire broke out. It would put one officer behind and one in front of the van. Don't need those cops firing in each other's direction.

I meant with his car not his body he parked to the side and all she had to do was just drive off he could have pullen in up against her bumper and none of that chase would have happened

I don't see in any way that the police officer was wrong, he showed extreme patience.
The officer that shot, was just caught up in the moment, he probable would not have shot if the situation had been explained to him.
Just like these other high profile cases of late, if the person had just complied, we would not be having this conversation.
Have a great day

Maybe the process is flawed and contributed to this incident. Issuance of a speeding ticket should not require any drawn out process on the side of a highway. Needless physical exchange of potential weapons ( pen/citation book ) and contact between the officer and someone who is agitated already is just asking for trouble. Streamline the contact and let everyone be on their way safely.

That was unnecessary escalation as he was being as nice as he could be.. When I was on the road and she would not have gotten out I would have gave her a nice long dose of O.C. and I wouldnt have to argue for any of them to get out the vehicle lol

skyhightree1":3mg1clog said:
That was unnecessary escalation as he was being as nice as he could be.. When I was on the road and she would not have gotten out I would have gave her a nice long dose of O.C. and I wouldnt have to argue for any of them to get out the vehicle lol

Racist!

3waycross":3ctnveru said:
skyhightree1":3ctnveru said:

Racist!

Shh... I am undercover no one is supposed to know ;-)

OK, what am I missing. Jo, I respectfully disagree with your assessment that the officer overreacted. I can think of at least 12 violations disregarding the fact that she put the kids in her van in grave danger by fleeing at high speed. Just because these folks were black had nothing to do with the officers actions. I suspect it would have been exactly the same if white folks had been in the same situation. He started the conversation in a courteous manner, laid out the offense, offered options for the perp, asked her to sign the ticket, etc. Then she ran! It was not the officer who made the original stop who fired the shots - not as far as I could tell.

Since this happened in 2013 does anyone know the final disposition of the case.

When are you/we going to learn that you/we need to obey the officer. The issue depicted in the video could have been over in a matter of minutes had she just chosen paper in court and signed the ticket. Done. But no she had to make a federal case (probably literally) out of and argue on the side of the road.

All I can say I'm glad I wasn't the officer. She would have been bleeding all over the road. Also, what about the dude that got out of the car and attacked the officer. Why didn't the officer shoot him??? This was CLEARLY a threatening move and the officer would have been in every right to unload the gun but I think he exhibited great restraint and good judgement.

How can anyone say this was overreacting on the police officers part. What am I missing.

Lava, I have to apologize. On even years on the twelfth month when the moon is full, I become a liberal. My remarks were written in libtardeese which blames anything and everything in an attempt to avoid personal responsibility of the individual.

Here is the outcome of tiny altercation where an officer thought he could his job without the use of excessive force with a guy only a fraction of his size. This all took place in less than 20 seconds.

No need to apologize, Jo. I try very hard to stay center. In the case of Ferguson I think the grand jury decision was correct. In the case of new york I think they missed the boat. Every situation is different and unless you or I were actually at the scene we can only draw conclusions and sometimes (most times) those conclusions are wrong. But what I find disturbing is that some folks of color seem to think that they can commit a crime with impunity and disobey civil authority. Notice that I said SOME - not all. Same could be said for all other human beings. Where is this headed? My fear is that some do-gooders are going to take things in their own hands and we are all going to be in trouble. Just a feeling, not a prediction, not trying to stir up things. Jo, when Obama was elected in 2008 I bought all the ammo I could find and afford. Not because I had any ill will toward him but because I figured some ignorant redneck was going to blow him away and then we would have Holy heII. So the ammo was for the protection of my family - defensive, not offensive.

Are some cops over the top? HeII yes! Strap on a badge and a gun and sometimes you have a completely different person. Even I feel different when I'm carrying my piece under my left arm. Many years ago in my younger days there was a young man, a teen ager who was an "at risk" kid. His parents were alcoholics and very prejudiced. We took him in, invited him to participate in our racing activity and more or less became surrogate parents. About the time this young man graduated high school we moved so we lost touch with him. Many years later I stopped in a donut shop on the way to work and ran into him. I didn't recognize him because he looked like a tramp living under an overpass but he recognized me. We talked for 30 mins. or so and as we were leaving he made a comment that sent chills down my spine. He said if I ever needed someone "taken out" give him a call. The reason he looked so bad is, get this, he was working undercover for the ________ police department. I guess where this BS is headed is this was good kid. But after 20 years of seeing the worst of the worst as a police officer he changed. I don't know how, as a law enforcement officer, you control or manage that feeling. I couldn't.

Latest posts