speaking of .22's

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
A few years ago I bought a little bolt action .22 from my neighbor for my then very young son. It is a Winchester Model 60-22. It is a single shot bolt action that has to have the firing pin cocked manually after the round is chambered. It has an oiled wood stock. There is no serial number on the barrell or action. The front sight was bent when I got it and my brother who is a machinist made a new one with set screws for adjusting the windage. The rear sight is your basic buckhorn style with just elevation adjustments. It is a very small kids rifle but very accurate. I was plinking walnuts off the ground at 30 yards today. Does anybody know about how old this little plinker might be? My neighbor said it was pretty old. It is in excellent shape and I gave him 50.00 for it.

All I can find aboiut the Model 60 is that it was made between 1932 and WWII

The model 60 in 100% condition is worth $350, in 60% it is worth $150. So even if it looks like is has been drug behind a horse, it is still worth the 50 bucks that you gave for it. The firearms were made from 1930-34 and were not serial numbered. the barrel length was 23" in 1930, and 31 but changed to 27" in 1933, and 34. There were aprox. 160,754 made.

The one that I have must be an older model since it has a 23" barrell. It is in excellent condition. All the blueing is intact, not very many scratches or dings. The stock finish is very good with no cracks as well as the butt plate. Here are some pics. I think my 50 bucks was well spent.
P1060017.jpg

P1060018.jpg

P1060019.jpg

P1060020.jpg

Hoss, I had to look in my cabinet to see if mine was missing. I have a twin to yours, but had no idea what it was or ever tried to find out. Good to know. The bead was missing on mine as well, someone made one from a screw.

I have an old springfield,single shot bolt my dad gave me on my eighth birthday.
Still in great shape,and original exept for the stock.I broke it when I was sixteen,when I wrecked my PU.
Got a wild hair couple years ago and made a new stock out of mesquitte,don't look bad at all.

Cal

My mother has one that she got from my grandfather for us to start shooting when we were young. She use to shoot it when she was a kid... she is 50.

We had it out at some family land Sunday evening. My family and one of my uncles with his family got together and went thru atleast 2000 rounds of .22 shells. We have a deal now that when you shoot the plates they flip up and stay... then you shoot the one in the middle and they all fall. You get say 4 or 5 people trying to flip them up and one guy trying to keep them down... :D Neighbors were probably wondering what the h*** is going on over there. :)

Latest posts