Spanish Help

Help Support CattleToday:

rangergirl56m

Reaction score
I REALLY need to work on my spanish, is there anyone here who'd be willing to help me study? lol pretty much I just need someone to write back and forth to in spanish to refresh it all. Thanks!

I can speak it but have never tried to write it. :) sorry....you might try that program advertised on TV....Rosetta Stone I believe it's called....don't know if they'll try to teach you Castillian Spanish or street spanish...heck it doesn't matter. it changes from State of Mexico to the next and from one spanish speaking country to the next.. Best of luck

I know words like guacamole, frijoles, burritos, chalupas, queso, pico de gallo, and my favorite, carne asada. Come to think of it, I probably know most every word on a Mexican menu. Quesadilla, chimichanga, enchiladas, tostadas, taco, blanco, rojo...

TexasBred said:
I can speak it but have never tried to write it. :) sorry....you might try that program advertised on TV....Rosetta Stone I believe it's called....don't know if they'll try to teach you Castillian Spanish or street spanish...heck it doesn't matter. it changes from State of Mexico to the next and from one spanish speaking country to the next..

As TB said, if you don't use it you lose it.

I work with them every day, so, I can make myself understood. The Spanish I learned in school was Castillian. These guys don't act like they know what the he77 I'm sayin , but I know they do.

no hablar espanol even though i just took 3 years of it in highschool its worthless excpet got me credits that i don't need for college or to graduate since iowa state doesn't require foreign language if you are going into agriculture. they couldn't of told me that 3 years ago before i wasted my time though. know a few swear words also but i wouldn't suggest them unless you want a knife fight. :lol:

iowafarmer":kr7ah52s said:
no hablar espanol even though i just took 3 years of it in highschool its worthless excpet got me credits that i don't need for college or to graduate since iowa state doesn't require foreign language if you are going into agriculture. they couldn't of told me that 3 years ago before i wasted my time though. know a few swear words also but i wouldn't suggest them unless you want a knife fight. :lol:

If you were hiring help for a dairy that spanish would be priceless today.

I took 3 years in college but it didn't stick well...I'm kicking myself for now paying more attention. I'm currently living in Europe and I'm TOTALLY messed up because I'm learning Hungarian and refreshing spanish at the same time and I have to stop and think everytime I go to say something to figure out if I'm speaking in english, hungarian, or spanish lol

Like dun said...the spanish is helpful on the dairy until the guys learn english

ga. prime":3ea4dkvi said:
I know words like guacamole, frijoles, burritos, chalupas, queso, pico de gallo, and my favorite, carne asada. Come to think of it, I probably know most every word on a Mexican menu. Quesadilla, chimichanga, enchiladas, tostadas, taco, blanco, rojo...

You forgot the most important one....cervesa

I refuse to learn or let alone speak spanish until I am forced to move to Mexico. This is America, We speek english. Why do we have to put up with immigration AND! learn to speak a difference to accomidate them?? Not to draw attention away from the topic, that is just my opinion.

Snider_Angus":3ownid71 said:
I refuse to learn or let alone speak spanish until I am forced to move to Mexico. This is America, We speek english. Why do we have to put up with immigration AND! learn to speak a difference to accomidate them?? Not to draw attention away from the topic, that is just my opinion.
AMEN!! They all need to learn ENGLISH, or pack their bags. Not knowing the customary language of the Country you're living in gets my vote of disrespect.

Snider_Angus":31tljb03 said:

Communication.....I learned Spanish from the Mexicans working for me....in turn the learned as much english as they could from me. (With a Texas drawl of course). The children can learn it very quickly. I would talk to the hired hands in Spanish and they would talk back to me in English. Worked great for both of us. Am a bit stale on it now but can still carry on a very "sloooooooow" conversation.

TNMasterBeefProducer":1vmfdr77 said:
Donde es Tennessee I am from Tennessee

I am trying to figure out what you are trying to say.......

You don't know where Tennessee even though your are from there?

Or did you mean, Soy de Tennessee????

Tennessee, Why would you want to cuss some one out in any language ? But I do believe you could. Tom

On a cattle board we should at least teach things that come in handy in the feild.

1. Eso no es una ubre
2.Yo preferiría que, tu hace harías la prueba de embarazo
3. Usted debe evitar pisar esas serpientes de cascabel
4. Por qué estás haciendo este a mi vaca
5 Es posible que no quiera sentarse en el scorpian

TNMasterBeefProducer":17azf9yd said:
Yo quiero taco bell, Como Se llama? A donde es el bano.

As long as I can say Tu tienness cerveza (Do you have any beer), Yo quiero cerveza (I want beer) and A donde es el bano (where is the bathroom) i will be fine. Kerley if a person makes me mad enough im likely to do more than cuss em ;-)

Cuando era vez ultima te apagaste a tu jurk de la reunion del AA. :lol: :lol: :lol: :tiphat:

PennBranch":3pct0w8s said:
On a cattle board we should at least teach things that come in handy in the feild.

1. Eso no es una ubre

1. That is not an udder
2.You prefer that you would do the pregnancy test
3. You should avoid stepping on those rattlesnakes
4. Why are you doing this to my cow
5 You may not want to sit in the Scorpio

He he, do you need to use these often?

I think knowing more than one language is a huge advantage in life. I am very envious of my husband that he is fluent in three languages. I have always wanted to learn Spanish but there isn't much call for it in Alberta. ;-)

PennBranch":o2sp76vu said:

1. Eso no es una ubre

Good but not "street nor farm spanish".

Latest posts