Soy hull pellet shortage

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
Seems the buyers around here are wanting 800+ weaned calves. A friend told me today that a buyer who he normallys sell his calves to said he wouldnt buy the calves unless they were weaned. Anyway there is a waiting list on soy hull pellets. any shortage in your area?

Soyhulls are not as plentiful as they once were and delivered prices are more than double what they were only a couple of years ago.

From the last report on crop quantitys I saw they claim there will be a shortage of cottonseed this year since so many acres of cotton went into corn and beans.

dun":1jvdiz77 said:
From the last report on crop quantitys I saw they claim there will be a shortage of cottonseed this year since so many acres of cotton went into corn and beans.

Dun...very likely. A lot of the West Texas cotton crop was lost if it was not irrigated. Last time I priced whole cottonseed they were over $400 a ton delivered. Love cottonseed but won't work at that price.

I don't think there's a shortage of soy hulls up here, price is higher then what it's worth.

Latest posts