Southern Missouri & SE Kansas

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
Anyone located out in those areas. Possibly could be taking a bull out to SE Kansas just wonder who all I may pass or be around. Any good restaurants or food to try, say around Joplin, Mo, or Parsons, Ks. Just a Little part of the country I've never been around. And if the Sale goes through guess it be the farthest I've ever sold any livestock directly too.

Lambert's Cafe? Haven't eaten there since early 2000s so things may have changed. Plus, there is one in Sikeston, MO.
Farm is locate around Lake of the Ozarks.
Safe travels and good luck with the sale.

Bull is sold as long as he passes his tests. The plan now is to meet buyer in Joplin at the livestock yard the day he takes his off.
Thanks TCRanch for the invite. D2 thanks for the info. That's right Hunter, Lambert's is in Sikeston, ate there once before. Thanks for reminding me may stop again.

I'm still pretty good at riding long distance, figure I still have 10 - 12 good years of riding far before all the aching muscles and joints kick in. Still wouldn't mind meeting ones from here to put a face, name, operation, etc... with a user name. Buyer scheduled meet on a Sunday so I figure I won't bother anyone on the Sabbath. Did think about getting a hotel and finding me some good small square bale hay out there the next day and bring back. Can't find much around WKY.
Have stayed in Dexter before on the way to a fishing trip down in Arkansas. Can't remember the name of the hotel but it had to be the worst I ever stayed at :yuck: and I'm not a picky guy when it comes to a room. So yeah I might high ball it through Dexter :lol2: . I'll keep you in mind timber if I'm in the area on Monday.

I think Firesweep is that direction somewhere isn't she. Would like to see her Simmentals in person and her setup one day as well. About went for a Corgi Pup earlier but can't talk myself into it because of their short legs.

FlyingLSimmentals":2wflr7gx said:
I think Firesweep is that direction somewhere isn't she. Would like to see her Simmentals in person and her setup one day as well. About went for a Corgi Pup earlier but can't talk myself into it because of their short legs.

Fire Sweep is off I-44 near the town of Mt Vernon west of Springfield.

Better call if you want a Corgi pup. She has one left - male. I sure like my two. They are the cutest things you ever laid eyes on. I smile everytime I see them walk.

That's funny Ron. I would be like that poor doggy. Having to take so many strides to get somewhere. I do think they're really cute and they look like smart dogs. If my niece was a little older I'd probably buy her one or try and talk her daddy into it :) . Anyway I don't think Dave could stand me giving any attention to another. I can tell he's jealous when I'm playing with my 1 year old niece especially when we tell him to go lay on his bed.
Yeah I'll be going right through there. If it wasn't gonna be a Sunday I'd check and see if I could stop by.

FlyingLSimmentals":71k5uzag said:
That's funny Ron. I would be like that poor doggy. Having to take so many strides to get somewhere. I do think they're really cute and they look like smart dogs. If my niece was a little older I'd probably buy her one or try and talk her daddy into it :) . Anyway I don't think Dave could stand me giving any attention to another. I can tell he's jealous when I'm playing with my 1 year old niece especially when we tell him to go lay on his bed.
Yeah I'll be going right through there. If it wasn't gonna be a Sunday I'd check and see if I could stop by.

I can Pm you contact info. Sunday would actually be best. They are extremely busy, both work off the farm and two children in school.

Hey, we are like 30 miles east of Joplin! YOU must stop in!!!! Come see our humble farm. Let me know, and we will make time for you. I teach at the college on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but am available other times if I know ahead of time.
My sister used to live in Parsons, KS for about 15 years, now in Wichita. I have been to Parsons many times!

Thanks for the invitations. Kris I'll let you know, don't hold it against me if I can't make it. Hopefully there be time for a quick visit. Dad & Mom are wanting to go along with me, said I didn't need to make that long of a trip by myself. Therefore I'll have to work their schedule's in and I may be in a hurry having to get back by a particular time.

Latest posts