Southern Cattle Co

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Southern Cattle will have their "Southern Revival Bull Sale" tomorrow (Nov 1) on RFD TV. Offering over 275 Angus and Angus/Charolais Composite Bulls!

I watched a portion of the sale today. Am I blind, or did I see some really lousy bulls sell? Most of bulls were good but several had no middle and long bad legs. The good bulls sold well worth the money. It looked like a good sale to buy bulls but there was real trash there. jmo

You're not blind rkm because I saw the same thing. I don't know how some of that stuff even got a bid.

Just think of the good things, Frankie says no matter how bad they are they still produce those ''angus source'' tags that pay a premium at the sale barn :p You just have to believe that those breeders all have better cattle than the average breeder so just ''hush up'' and buy a bull.

These big breeders don't necessarily have better cattle just a lot more money.

But if they keep selling 2 yr old bulls for 1500 dollars the money will run out real quick and you will be reading about their dispersal soon.

Johnny

As Johnny pointed out, a significant number of those bulls went for just over killing price. It doesn't take much figuring to know that's going in the hole.

Latest posts