South Africa

Help Support CattleToday:

Maybe now but the future based on the confiscation bill looks gloomy. This process left Zimbabwe in a mess.

Bright Raven":2g4kvqmf said:
Maybe now but the future based on the confiscation bill looks gloomy. This process left Zimbabwe in a mess.
It passed..

On Tuesday in South Africa, a shocking vote in the National Assembly ruled that white South African farmers will be removed from their land. The vote, prompted by motion brought by radical Marxist opposition leader Julius Malema, was not even close; 241 legislators voted for it with only 83 voting against it. Malema told his supporters in 2016 he was "not calling for the slaughter of white people — at least for now."

It cannot be stopped. Not even with sanctions. There have been a rash of violent murders. Some on YouTube. I have friends in Bulawayo who have South African relatives - not uncommon as most Rhodesia roots go to South Africa. They have posted YouTube videos that are disturbing. It was a matter of time until the last domino fell.

One can only hope, it is done peaceable.

Thank you for your concern HDRider. We are OK. Cyril Ramaphosa, I do believe, is no fool. He will realise the concequences of land expropriation without compensation.

That is all I can say without this thread getting political :D

alisonb":1p5v1e8y said:
Thank you for your concern HDRider. We are OK. Cyril Ramaphosa, I do believe, is no fool. He will realise the concequences of land expropriation without compensation.

Same act played out in Zim. Now, I hear there is talk of welcoming some farmers back.

alisonb":39u44pm7 said:

Well, be careful Alison.

Just to clear things up...

The National Assembly passed a motion by 241 votes to 83 mandating an investigation into a possible constitutional amendment.

The vote did not change section 25 of the "property clause"

It merely agreed to a process of appointing a Constitutional Review Committee to look at possible changes to the Constitution. The committee I think has until August to submit their findings.

Thanks Workinonit :D

Alison, will this effect all South African farmers, or just in a specific region/area? Regardless, hope all is well where you are!

TN Cattle Man":1dv37g8p said:
Alison, will this effect all South African farmers, or just in a specific region/area? Regardless, hope all is well where you are!

I very much doubt it will effect all farmers and will not be region specific. SA and Zim cannot be compared and anybody that does should do a little reading. What happened in Zim was a 'land grab' where a power hungry president felt the opposition party growing in strength and to get votes for the election at the time authorised the land grabs.

https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/sou...en-sa-expropriates-land-without-compensation/

https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...ation-will-not-be-a-smash-and-grab-ramaphosa/

Thanks for your concern TN Cattle Man :D

Latest posts