sourdough bread

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
just got off the ph with a buddy that cooks like hoss an joe does.an he said he was making some sourdough starter to keep me in sourdough biscuits an bread.he can cook up brisket an pulled pork that melts in your mouth.an then drench it in his homemade bbq sauce.an lets not forget mr hook from what ive seen on here he can cook up some mean grubb.

Beer, bisquick, and a little sugar. Almost as good, and none of the hassle. Best in a Dutch oven while camping.

Bigfoot":2sx698rx said:
Beer, bisquick, and a little sugar. Almost as good, and none of the hassle. Best in a Dutch oven while camping.

don't tease me now.....
I need a little more information....
sounds like something I want to try.

ill have to tell my buddy to put some beer in the dough.he keeps beer on hand so i know its not a prob.an i know he can cook in a dutch oven as he spent 2yrs in alaska as a hunting an fishing guide with no power or running water.

pdfangus":175cyqz1 said:
Bigfoot":175cyqz1 said:

don't tease me now.....
I need a little more information....
sounds like something I want to

That's more like what we call "Beer Biscuits". Sourdough is completely different. Wife keeps a starter in the frig all the time...you have to feed the stuff to keep it working. Makes some really good bread tho.

Sorry. Google beer biscuits most recipes will be the same. Brush a little butter on the top of them just as they rise a little. I never make them at home, just while camping. The muffin tin works best in oven at home. I like to use a loaf pan in Dutch oven. Put some homemade sloppy joe over big hunks of it. People will beat the door down to your horse trailer wanting more.

Latest posts