Sorry....

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, it went 4 pages....can't complain too much, but I'm pretty sure the Border Patrol uses blue flashing lights anyway.

True Grit Farms":bnqsr7zi said:
If we could just figure out how to lock up the illegals as fast as some of these threads we'd be doing all right.
Hmmm.. :idea: :idea: Let Mod2 run Dept of Homeland Security?
:hide:

The very first post by triple d was political. that is being discussed here. I have posted some that were removed immediately and lost somewhere in the great beyond. Depends on what you post as to how far something can get. By the way GB did you catch the beavers gathering the grass.

hurleyjd":33me797i said:
The very first post by triple d was political. that is being discussed here. I have posted some that were removed immediately and lost somewhere in the great beyond. Depends on what you post as to how far something can get. By the way GB did you catch the beavers gathering the grass.

No.We (Me and the beavers) had a bit of a problem last weekend and earlier this week..it rained, a LOT. I was just yesterday able to get over there where they had been working.
Sun and Monday and Tuesday.

Came up quicker than I expected too. My dock is under there...my 2 rod & reels can be seen still in their holders that are bolted to the end of the dock:

I'm really getting tired of fighting this several times/year...every year. :(

True Grit Farms":10495s3o said:
If we could just figure out how to lock up the illegals as fast as some of these threads we'd be doing all right.

I haven't been a member since the beginning of this site, so I'm curious; why is no political discussion allowed here? I'm on a few other forums, and that type of discussion is fine. Was there a huge argument as some point?

herofan":12fhcbzr said:
True Grit Farms":12fhcbzr said:

Was there a huge argument as some point?
there's usually a huge one every time it comes up..which is why it gets the gone..

herofan":3u3unloh said:
True Grit Farms":3u3unloh said:

I haven't been a member since the beginning of this site, so I'm curious; why is no political discussion allowed here? I'm on a few other forums, and that type of discussion is fine. Was there a huge argument as some point?
The main problem is liberals don't like to be called liberals and can't win any debates cause their always wrong, so they flag the post and then there's problems. It's the stinking personal attacks that are the worse IMO, for some stupid reason people can't debate without it getting personal. Heck Raven and I had to tone it down between us. I think we both were just screwing around and having fun. I've never flagged a post, and Raven might be a little worm but isn't the type to cry in his milk. We've sure run a lot of excellent cattlemen and cattle women off CT for some reason through the years.

herofan":2uzqah1g said:
True Grit Farms":2uzqah1g said:

This site started back in 04 if I remember correctly.
There has always been the rule no politics as long as I can remember.
Used to get told to take it to Ranchers.
It's real simple Macon's board Macon's rules.

Hook2.0":j14amvjk said:
True Grit Farms":j14amvjk said:
herofan":j14amvjk said:
The main problem is liberals don't like to be called liberals and can't win any debates cause their always wrong, so they flag the post and then there's problems. It's the stinking personal attacks that are the worse IMO, for some stupid reason people can't debate without it getting personal. Heck Raven and I had to tone it down between us. I think we both were just screwing around and having fun. I've never flagged a post, and Raven might be a little worm but isn't the type to cry in his milk. We've sure run a lot of excellent cattlemen and cattle women off CT for some reason through the years.

Might be because we(not me 8) ) are some of the most opinionated people in the country/world. You can't do this on a serious level and not be hard headed. It's not for the faint of heart lib types

I will agree with that observation as well you are not changing someone's mind on religion or politics.

Caustic Burno":24ybkdn6 said:
Hook2.0":24ybkdn6 said:
True Grit Farms":24ybkdn6 said:

Might be because we(not me 8) ) are some of the most opinionated people in the country/world. You can't do this on a serious level and not be hard headed. It's not for the faint of heart lib types

I will agree with that observation as well you are not changing someone's mind on religion or politics.
and why it turns south so quick..

ALACOWMAN":395y144q said:
Caustic Burno":395y144q said:
Hook2.0":395y144q said:

I have given up on the most part on political and religious discussions, cause soon you look like the idiot trying to win a point that is not winnable.

True Grit Farms":2f72yp15 said:
herofan":2f72yp15 said:
True Grit Farms":2f72yp15 said:

No one runs someone off. That is a decision they make. No one dictates the content. They can whine but they cannot dictate what another User posts. If they don't like the content, then they might be better using their time in some other endeavor.

Caustic Burno":1nnnt5ad said:
herofan":1nnnt5ad said:
True Grit Farms":1nnnt5ad said:

This site started back in 04 if I remember correctly.
There has always been the rule no politics as long as I can remember.
Used to get told to take it to Ranchers.
It's real simple Macon's board Macon's rules.

I started on Ranchers back in 04 and it was a lively place. But the politics drove pretty well everyone away. And if you don't back the R's right or wrong, have black cattle and feed Vigortone then you quickly become perona non grata. There are only 3 or 4 people that post there once in a while these days. So I'm glad the political discussions get nixed here before they get out of hand.

ALACOWMAN":2r2nay4s said:
Caustic Burno":2r2nay4s said:
Hook2.0":2r2nay4s said:

That phrase offends me. That phrase implies that things are bad in the south when they are not. Ever heard of a southerner saying when they retire they are going to move north to Detroit? Not a liberal but if they can get offended over historical monuments I think I have every right to be offended when someone uses this phrase. Granted, my level of offense is about as much as that I had with the tick I pulled off my dog and I don't need a safe space but I do wonder why this phrase is allowed in our sensitive society. Makes you wonder if its only a one way street.