Sorry Red Angus bull

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
I can out do cfpinz for a sorry bull.................
Pauncho1.jpg

Pauncho2.jpg

Pauncho3.jpg

Pauncho4.jpg

Pauncho5.jpg

Mister you've got a lotta guts posting sumthin like that on here. What are you trying to do raise the bar for the rest of us.

Seriously he's a nice bull Dun. Good for you>

hillsdown":1kfx9yht said:
I want to see a pic of that herf that's in front of him too please, she looks thick.

Only pictures I have of her was at weaning in 2005
pepper-10-05.jpg

Dun-

Let's get serious here! I know you are being facetious regarding this bull being "sorry", but let's not confuse the issue here for some newbies who may be on the edge of really learning about QUALITY in beef cattle seedstock! This bull is one of the overall BEST examples of "improvement" genetics and phenotype as has been on this Forum in a long time!

Here is a brief review of his Phenotype as I see it:
Strong, level topline (NOT perfect, but better than 83% of the bulls on this forum), smooth tail setting, wide, deep, thick hindquarters, flat, level rump, good depth of body (capacity), deep heart girth, deep, rear flank, a well balanced bull from front to rear, good body length, straight, well placed feet and legs with adequate bone and strong pasterns. He indicates strong fertility factors with his scrotal size and crest and curly hair on head and face showing presence of Testosterone.

No animal is perfect, and I would criticize this bull for lacking slightly in his spring of rib just posterior to his withers which makes him appear open-shouldered, which, in realitry, he is not open-shouldered. That slight flaw being improved with a greater spring of rib would allow his shoulders to blend into his body side more attractively, thereby making his Terminal feedlot progeny present more desirable shoulder cuts of meat. I would like to see a greater width (and dish) between his eyes, and a wider muzzle, but admittedly these criticisms are slight.

This is a bull which could (and should) Phenotypically IMPROVE almost any commercial herd, and most Registered Herds could benefit from his contributions. Mated to cows of equal quality should put a producer in the business - BIG TIME!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":3170kt1t said:
Dun-

Let's get serious here! I know you are being facetious regarding this bull being "sorry", but let's not confuse the issue here for some newbies who may be on the edge of really learning about QUALITY in beef cattle seedstock! This bull is one of the overall BEST examples of "improvement" genetics and phenotype as has been on this Forum in a long time!

Strong, level topline (NOT perfect, but better than 83% of the bulls on this forum), smooth tail setting, wide, deep, thick hindquarters, flat, level rump, good depth of body (capacity), deep heart girth, deep, rear flank, a well balanced bull from front to rear, good body length, straight, well placed feet and legs with adequate bone and strong pasterns. He indicates strong fertility factors with his scrotal size and crest and curly hair on head and face showing presence of Testosterone.

No animal is perfect, and I would criticize this bull for lacking slightly in his spring of rib just posterior to his withers which makes him appear open-shouldered, which, in realitry, he is not open-shouldered. That slight flaw being improved with a greater spring of rib would allow his shoulders to blend into his body side more attractively, thereby making his Terminal feedlot progeny present more desirable shoulder cuts of meat. I would like to see a greater width (and dish) between his eyes, and a wider muzzle, but admittedly these criticisms are slight.

This is a bull which could (and should) Phenotypically IMPROVE almost any commercial herd, and most Registered Herds could benefit from his contributions. Mated to cows of equal quality should put a producer in the business - BIG TIME!

DOC HARRIS

If you look hard enough it can be surprising what $1500 can buy

dun":2fbecfkw said:
DOC HARRIS":2fbecfkw said:
Dun-

DOC HARRIS

:lol2:

MO_cows":24jkijpq said:
Good looking bull. He doesn't have too much to be sorry about. How old was he when you picked him out?

2 years old. The funny part is he only had 2 bulls left out of a dozen or so when I got him. I can only imagine what the others must have been like.

dun":1x1kg7h4 said:

I was really hoping you'd chime in with that. That black bull in the other thread set me back 1700 or 1800, can't remember which. Just goes to show there are some pretty decent bulls out there that won't break the bank.

I still like your redhead better.

cfpinz":392ai3e4 said:
dun":392ai3e4 said:

I was really hoping you'd chime in with that. That black bull in the other thread set me back 1700 or 1800, can't remember which. Just goes to show there are some pretty decent bulls out there that won't break the bank.

I still like your redhead better.

Other then color I like the bull you posted too. But it's a pretty well known fact that I'm a lousey judge of bulls. But even a blind hog finds an acorn once in while.

Wow Dun! Only" Sorry" that I don't own him! For someone who doesn't know how to pick a bull you sure did a great job! Why don't you hand over some of that lack of wisdom? The only solid red bull , that I know of, around me is about 35 miles away.....and he is a Shorthorn. People always ask if he is a Red Angus though.

Dun why do you AI when you got a big guy like that out there that would be happy to save you a lot of work? :?

BARNSCOOP":3jiw127h said:
Wow Dun! Only" Sorry" that I don't own him! For someone who doesn't know how to pick a bull you sure did a great job! Why don't you hand over some of that lack of wisdom? The only solid red bull , that I know of, around me is about 35 miles away.....and he is a Shorthorn. People always ask if he is a Red Angus though.

NIce Shortie. I wish he was standing better in that picture.