Sonora

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Wednesday I am getting hauled out there for a geriatric Axis hunt. One of my younger working buddies owns a large ranch out there.
He is picking me up Wednesday morning to go hunt for a trophy axis.

Sutton County Steakhouse is the best place to eat in Sonora......but that ain't saying a whole lot.
It was pretty pricey for steaks when I stopped there last fall.

I just came thru there yesterday. I like that country all along 10... Kerrville, Junction, Ozona, Sonora, all the way to Ft Stockton. Some of it has been getting rain and looks pretty decent.

Last time, I was in a hotel in Junction when a big storm came thru. The thunder bouncing thru those canyons sounded wild.

Brute, the road (163/67) from Ozona almost all the way into San Angelo sure has a lot more oilfield businesses on it than it did when I left there in 06. Things must have picked up out that way..

greybeard":2caym7ds said:
Brute, the road (163/67) from Ozona almost all the way into San Angelo sure has a lot more oilfield businesses on it than it did when I left there in 06. Things must have picked up out that way..

Its crazy out there. I believe the Permian became the largest producing oil field in the world this year passing up some field in SA. It would be the #3 largest OPEC producer if it was its own country. If you have ever been out that way and seen all the pump jacks... now picture super pads in between all that. The bad deal is... the companies are just securing acreage. They are having to slow down drilling due to lack of infrastructure to get the oil and gas out of the area.

Brute 23":oazt2y2h said:
I just came thru there yesterday. I like that country all along 10... Kerrville, Junction, Ozona, Sonora, all the way to Ft Stockton. Some of it has been getting rain and looks pretty decent.

Last time, I was in a hotel in Junction when a big storm came thru. The thunder bouncing thru those canyons sounded wild.

Yep and the dry drainage ditch they call a creek turns into the Trinity river with a one inch rain.

Caustic Burno":2t25n920 said:
Brute 23":2t25n920 said:

Yep and the dry drainage ditch they call a creek turns into the Trinity river with a one inch rain.

Yup. Pretty sure I drove over a dry creek bed that said Guadalupe River.