Sonic - blended hamburger

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75 that is no different than a tube package of ground beef bought at the grocery store. As long as we the producers do our job on our end and the packer does their job correctly I see 100 people that got paid thanks to that with no problems. Do you think a box of chicken nuggets come from one chicken?

Son of Butch":50qw12a7 said:
Don't know, I've never tried it. Only cheddar or swiss? I like both especially swiss, but blue cheese too!

I've never eaten at Sonic, so doubt I'll get the chance to try their blended burger without going well out of my way.
When someone mentioned their Chicago dog as a favorite I wanted to try that too.
the first time I ate at sonic was when we went to the Graham school for cattlemen and sonic was right on our way from the hotel to the school so we ate there for breakfast and dinner almost every day that week! I've never had so much fast food before

j_20":3471m2a8 said:
ddd75 that is no different than a tube package of ground beef bought at the grocery store. As long as we the producers do our job on our end and the packer does their job correctly I see 100 people that got paid thanks to that with no problems. Do you think a box of chicken nuggets come from one chicken?

i don't see a problem with it either and I figured it'd be around 20 / cows a burger but i wasn't thinking 100. I found it interesting is all.

My burgers are made up of 1 cow and I don't eat nuggets or fast food, so I have NO problem with it. :mrgreen:

Only reason I go to sonic is the drinks especially during happy hour or some cheese sticks. Local burger joints are better.

ga.prime":bx2880iw said:
Sonic chili cheese dog is real good.

I always thought so as well, but the last 2 times I tried one, each was so salty I couldn't finish either.
I'm not sure what they changed..or whether it was in the wiener or in the chili

greybeard":2buvf0vu said:
ga.prime":2buvf0vu said:

I always thought so as well, but the last 2 times I tried one, each was so salty I couldn't finish either.
May be, I haven't had one in a good while. Another place that used to have really good chili cheese dogs was Checkers. I don't know the range of Checkers franchises, if they're in other states or not, they're scattered around in Georgia and I haven't been to one in several years. Checkers also had milkshakes as good as any I've ever had anywhere.

ga.prime":3jbgfteh said:
greybeard":3jbgfteh said:
ga.prime":3jbgfteh said:

May be too salty now, I haven't had one in a good while. Another place that used to have really good chili cheese dogs was Checkers. I don't know the range of Checkers franchises, if they're in other states or not, they're scattered around in Georgia and I haven't been to one in several years. Checkers also had milkshakes as good as any I've ever had anywhere.

I had mentioned in a previous post on this thread that Sonic isn't one of my favorite places to eat, in fact it's way down the list for me, but it's one of my wife's favorites. The last time we ate out we had Hardees so tonight we were in town and she wanted to go to Sonic. Not sure if they have started the mushroom thing or not but the cheeseburgers were noticeably different and not in a good way, she didn't like it either.

Son of Butch":2bf6n1lf said:
Sonic fast food restaurant is test marketing blended hamburger made of 75% beef 25% ground mushrooms
Two month trial at all 3,5000 locations offered in 2 of their burgers, the Sonic cheeseburger and bacon cheeseburger.
Sales pitch, lower total calories for bacon and cheese lovers.

IF it goes over well expect others might follow suit and it could put a dent in demand for beef.
I've never had one. Seems to me chopped mushrooms could work well, has anyone here tasted one?

That's just great, another junk food being taunted as healthier. ( It's the bun, fries, soda and sauces that will kill you. Not the patty ) but please don't anyone...

Can I have some more of that high fructose corn syrup dressing on my salad please!

Politicians tease us with affordable healthcare care, it will NEVER happen till we change the way we eat...

Oh wait, we wouldn't need national healthcare if we took responsibility for our own nutrition.

Next time your at the doctor, ask him how much of his studies included nutrition. He will look at you like a deer in headlights because his answer will be zero...

We live in a delusional BE NICE hole.

Sorry for the rant...

KMURBAN":xejdan4p said:
Son of Butch":xejdan4p said:
Sonic fast food restaurant is test marketing blended hamburger made of 75% beef 25% ground mushrooms
Two month trial at all 3,5000 locations offered in 2 of their burgers, the Sonic cheeseburger and bacon cheeseburger.

IF it goes over well expect others might follow suit and it could put a dent in demand for beef.
I've never had one. Seems to me chopped mushrooms could work well, has anyone here tasted one?

That's just great, another junk food being taunted as healthier. ( It's the bun, fries, soda and sauces that will kill you. Not the patty ) but please don't anyone...

Can I have some more of that high fructose corn syrup dressing on my salad please!

Politicians tease us with affordable healthcare care, it will NEVER happen till we change the way we eat...

Oh wait, we wouldn't need national healthcare if we took responsibility for our own nutrition.

Next time your at the doctor, ask him how much of his studies included nutrition. He will look at you like a deer in headlights because his answer will be zero...

Sorry for the rant...
Appears you know all the problems so surely you have all the answers as well or do you just expect someone else to have all the answers?? Bet you still don't live forever !!!!!

TexasBred":3b748q9a said:
KMURBAN":3b748q9a said:
Son of Butch":3b748q9a said:

Sorry for the rant...
Appears you know all the problems so surely you have all the answers as well or do you just expect someone else to have all the answers?? Bet you still don't live forever !!!!!

" Sorry for the rant " /Rant/ verb. Speaking longer than one should about something no one else cares about.

I see your on the rant also...must be the weather...

KMURBAN":1drdqygp said:
TexasBred":1drdqygp said:
KMURBAN":1drdqygp said:

Sorry for the rant...

" Sorry for the rant " /Rant/ verb. Speaking longer than one should about something no one else cares about.

No rant at all..........just the kind of SOB I am. ;-)

TexasBred":51yiglfn said:
KMURBAN":51yiglfn said:
TexasBred":51yiglfn said:

No rant at all..........just the kind of SOB I am. ;-)

Well, I've always said. Honesty is the best policy. :D

Never could figure out why my mother never saw the irony of calling me a SOB.

Latest posts