Sone thoughts on Karma

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
There are few things in life that can surpass the beauty of karma or how the world turns ever so slowly but ever so surely.

One of life's mysteries is how some think others have short memories.

It seems karma reaches its pinnacle of beauty when the world has turned and the naïve thinks one has forgotten the past and they are kissing your hind end and being all sweet to you letting you know they can be trusted and deserving of some favor.

The wise cat doesn't immediately kill the mouse because that would be too easy. Instead the cat plays with the mouse just to see how high the mouse is willing to jump or what lengths it is willing to go through to earn its prize. In the end its all in vain but the cat has been entertained and the cat is content and once again karma has shown its beauty.

Right enough but it was hard to word it without giving particulars but the world is small and I'm pretty sure the mouse I'm speaking lives in the shyt house.

Oh man Jogeephus, you could not have put it better :D . Karma is very much at work in my life at the moment. One, with a close friends husband and second, certain members of my family. The strange thing is, is in both instances Karma has taken approximately 20yrs to turn, I didn't have to do a thing :banana:

Enjoy being the cat for now... :p

Karma is not a Christian concept. It is used loosely these days even though it is a Hindu and Buddhist concept. In Christianity, punishment of trespasses are reserved for higher order. That does not stop someone for wishing ill for someone else, likely for the evil of their ways or past trespasses.

Just a thought.

I don't have the brains or patience for karma. I live in the moment, but it's sure nice to see when the hands change. Sometimes it takes a long time to get even.

inyati13":3jlto713 said:
Karma is not a Christian concept. It is used loosely these days even though it is a Hindu and Buddhist concept. In Christianity, punishment of trespasses are reserved for higher order. That does not stop someone for wishing ill for someone else, likely for the evil of their ways or past trespasses.

Sure is nice for baby Jesus to give his cat something to play with. :mrgreen:

Jogeephus":1oymehu3 said:
inyati13":1oymehu3 said:

Sure is nice for baby Jesus to give his cat something to play with. :mrgreen:

thumbs up :D

Just to offer a contrary opinion. Looking back at my life I know I've done many things years ago that I'd like to have forgiven and forgotten. I try to remember that when dealing with others. I'm not saying I'm always successful, but I try.

Good point Rafter but in this situation this person is a grown up spoiled liberal brat who had such a tantrum over something a widow lady finally just paid him off to keep the peace even though she was blameless. She asked me to speak with the guy to diffuse the situation but he would not talk other than to threaten to kill me. Now he wants ME to assist him in screwing over another party who had the audacity to exercise their legal property rights because he finds it offensive to how he does things on his property - even though he is more guilty of the same only in a worst manner. He's called the law but no one sees it in his warped and twisted libtarded way. Man was it ever so sweet to watch him jump through a few hoops that led to a dead end alley that I knew was there all along.

You're right, that's a different situation. I was referring to things people had done years ago, which I think someone mentioned.

"They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind. The stalk has no head; it will produce no flour. Were it to yield grain, foreigners would swallow it up." Book of Hosea 8:7

When I was young man a one arm neighbor did me wrong, and I held a grudge for years and every time I drove by his place, I would wish evil would come to him. One day when I drove by his place I noticed There was a large crowd gathered around his tractor. He had turned his tractor over on himself and died. Makes you stop and think.

Holding a grudge is like letting someone live in your brain rent-free and they use up a lot of your resources doing so. I've found it best to move on but not forget else you will re-live history if you do.

Latest posts