Son of Butch how are you betting this one?

Help Support CattleToday:

Not butch but mayweather is clearly the better striker and a proven boxer.
Mvgregor is younger which gives him an advantage and is the clear pick in MMA, but in boxing mayweather will pick him apart

True Grit Farms":37gax2w8 said:
I'm putting my lottery money on McGregor.

I'm all in for mayweather my brother.
Losers buys an all expense paid weekend

Floyd (Money) Mayweather vs Conor McGregor
August 26th 154 lbs with 10 oz gloves
My pick... hands down winner Mayweather

Mayweather 5' 8" 147 lbs 49-0 26 by knock out - age 40
McGregor 5" 9" 155 lbs 23 wins 18 by K.O. - age 29

While I have never cared for Mayweather, he is way too ring savvy to be hit and is a great great counter puncher
McGregor lacks experience with the bigger 10 oz gloves

Why it could be a good fight... age, size and strength all favor McGregor
Mayweather is coming out of retirement and his last fight was almost 2 yrs ago 9/12/15 so there is no way of knowing
how rusty he might be... He started his career 25-0 with 20 wins by knock out before age 24 fighting as a 130 lb featherweight The last time Mayweather ever knocked out an opponent was 6 yrs ago 9/17/11 so he no longer has the power of his youth, even then the vast majority of his knock outs were against little 127-130 pounders not men as big as McGregor.
Mayweather has never won a pro fight in August :) (To be fair he's never had a fight scheduled in August)

My prediction: Unless Mayweather can open a cut on McGregor it goes the distance and Mayweather wins on points
in an Unanimous Decision. I don't expect the score cards will be close something like 118 - 110

I'll be rooting 110% for Conor McGregor... but I just don't see it happening.

Mayweather has never won a pro fight in August :) (To be fair he's never had a fight scheduled in August)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I predict McGregor ends up biting Mayweather's ear off.....

Son of Butch":c4nxit66 said:
Floyd (Money) Mayweather age 40 vs Conor McGregor age 29

My prediction: Unless Mayweather can open a cut on McGregor it goes the distance and Mayweather wins on points
in an Unanimous Decision. I don't expect the score cards will be close something like 118 - 110
Mayweather stopped McGregor by TKO in the 10th round.
Unofficially: Mayweather was ahead 97-93 when the fight was stopped.

Conor McGregor dominated early, winning the first 3 rounds and he landed 111 punches in the fight.
It appears Mayweather's strategy was to allow McGregor to punch himself out.
After the 7th round it was just a matter of time as to when and not if Mayweather would end it.
McGregor ran out of gas and took a pounding in the 9th before the TKO in the 10th.

There was a 1 million dollar bet placed on Mayweather that returned $110,000 profit
The fight started 1.5 hours late due to pay per view live streaming problems.

Knowing Mayweather's gambling habits he probably placed the million dollar bet but then he usually loses. Can't believe it took him 10 rounds.

True Grit Farms":1pzm5w0i said:
slick4591":1pzm5w0i said:
Read where McGregor landed 111 times on Mayweather. Most ever landed on him. Will they rematch under UFC rules?

No, and that was a crappy way to end the fight.

I never really heard exactly how it ended other than TKO.

I heard on the radio that Mayweather tried to place a 400k bet that'd he'd knock out McGregor in the 9th but they wouldnt accept his bet.
He had a buddy place it for him, but he carried McGregor too much and couldn't finish him as planned until the 10th.
If it wasn't for the bet he could have finished him after the 3rd round.

Radio announcer's ignorance is showing or he lacks reading and math comprehension skills.
The idea that wagers are even offered on exact rounds is a misconception.

The wager being offered was over/under 9.5 rounds.
1 minute and 30 seconds into 10th round is the 9.5 round mark
The fight ended at 1:05 of 10th round making under 9.5 rounds a winning bet.

Made no difference if Mayweather ended it in the 1st round or 9th the wager pays the same as under 1:30 in the 10th.
So stating Mayweather carried him because of a wager is total :bs: