Sometimes

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I think I should have never got out of bed.
Went to hook up to the scraper to move dirt.
Had a flat tire and had to go get repaired. $25.00
Moved 3 loads,busted a hydrolic line. $46.00
Put it on and started to move dirt and noticed a pin hole in another line squirting fluid. $46.00
When I got back and got it on then it was to dark to work.
All I actually got done was repair time,and running to town time and spending money.
Gonna try again today.
While i'm setting here having my coffee i'm wondering what Murphy's law has planed for me today.

Cal

Forgot to add the 5gal bucket of fluid that I had in my shop that I thought was full wasent so I had to go to town again.

Cal

Calman":35hvtubv said:
Forgot to add the 5gal bucket of fluid that I had in my shop that I thought was full wasent so I had to go to town again.

Cal
Are you sure we aren;t twins? That sounds like pretty much a typical day for me.

Hydaulic lines often eat my lunch. The hoe is an extend a hoe. There is a festoon line on it that costs $113. I found the same hose on eBay for $20 and bid. No one upped the bid or sniped me. The guy had several more hoses with free shipping on the additional buys. I bought a bunch of various sizes. Now I need a 2 foot hose and I use a 3 foot at times. Not much down time. When I get to town I get the right hose. Spares are nice to preclude down time.

heres hoping today is a better day.ive had those days a few times.reckon thats why im baldheaded.

Don't know about Murphy... But another law says that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction..... (Or did I read that yesterday in my fortune cookie)
Anyway Let's hope that it starts today!!
Chuck
Ronan, MT

The answer to your dilemma is simple:

Just don't do anything.

Nothing will ever break down and you won't spend any money. :lol:

Does anyone want to know how many feet of old barbed wire it takes for a brush hog to completely choke out a 90 HP tractor? 20 years ago I found out on an old fence row I didn't even know existed. It takes atleast 1600 feet to completely kill the engine. :mad: :mad: :mad:

grannysoo":31wry3c3 said:
One of Murphy's laws:

If you use it, it will break.

And.... it will always break in the worst time slot available.

Last time I replaced a hydraulic hose I took my glasses off and laid them on the back tire while I wiped the sweat off my face...finished the job, jumped on the tractor, cranked up, put it in gear, took off and ran over my glasses still laying on the tire. Now that is genius level huh?? :cry2: :cry2:

MikeC":2nb8r506 said:

Just don't do anything.

Don't agree with you on this Mike, at times I am amazed how something can stand in the shed and break. Worked perfectly the last time you used it, but when you need it next time it has decided to stand and break.

some time's i have those days, that every thing i put my hands on turn's to sht. and i think i should be fishing are horseback get more accomplised.. ;-)

KNERSIE":2xyryq2a said:
MikeC":2xyryq2a said:

Just don't do anything.

Don't agree with you on this Mike, at times I am amazed how something can stand in the shed and break. Worked perfectly the last time you used it, but when you need it next time it has decided to stand and break.
you must be borrowing your neighbor's equipment :nod:

TexasBred":28lqgl3h said:
grannysoo":28lqgl3h said:
One of Murphy's laws:

If you use it, it will break.

And.... it will always break in the worst time slot available.

Last time I replaced a hydraulic hose I took my glasses off and laid them on the back tire while I wiped the sweat off my face...finished the job, jumped on the tractor, cranked up, put it in gear, took off and ran over my glasses still laying on the tire. Now that is genius level huh?? :cry2: :cry2:

I was cleaning out a grain bin and sweating profusely and I decided to peer down into the sump. Yes, the auger was running.

ALACOWMAN":2ia0jvsm said:
KNERSIE":2ia0jvsm said:
MikeC":2ia0jvsm said:

Just don't do anything.

you must be borrowing your neighbor's equipment :nod:

Or maybe the neighbour borrowed mine without asking :help:

my maternal uncles.one can drive a piece of crap on wheels, and never have a days trouble out of it . the other can buy a mechanicaly sound vehicle and turn it to pig iron in a weeks time.

Better today,got going @6:30 and finished moving dirt without any problems at3:30.
Didn't even stop to eat .Was skeerd to.
Anyhow got the pond enlarged and the spillway completed. Now we need some rain.

Cal