Sometimes

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horticattleman":vxzi4uw1 said:
Ms. Alice I understand where you are coming from kinda. It is remembering the past that helps us learn for now. And I also am against a draft. i think we get much better fighting men and women out of volunteers. But let me tell you, I belong to several veterans groups and deal with ALOT of Vietman vets. Maybe 5 percent are bitter towards the American gov. for things it did, but 100% is bitter towards your generation for how they were treated when they got home. So if we are gonna be stuck in the past lets definitely not forget that.

i work with other vets in the local hospital from korea, nam, gulf 1 current wars ,
i counsel these people and one of the biggest complaints i hear now and when i cam home from nam is how can you say you support the troops but not the war???believe me it is hard to try and explain to these guys, how some people have not a clue!!
i was one of those that saw some nasty duty in nam, came home carrying some extra steel in my body, (enough to set of alarms at the airport) i was also one of those that came thru san francisco and was spit on by the so called patriots that met us there calling us baby killers etc etc.
but i also see most of the ones i council are not bitter at the government as much as they are at the "non supporters" or those that claim to support the troops BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God bless our fighting men and women
:heart: :heart: :heart:

memanpa, my father was a WWII, Korean war, and Vietnam Vet. My older brother was in the Marines during Vietnam. Myself, I served in the Army in Saudi and Iraq in 1990-91.

When my brother and father came home, I was one of those kids who watched people spit on my brother and father. I also left a set of teeth marks on a lady's leg for spitting on a sailor who was on his way off the Navy base. The harpy was screeching about baby killers and spitting. As a son and brother of those who defend and serve our Nation, I felt someone needed to step up and do something, so I bit her as hard as I could. I was seven years old at the time. I felt proud to defend those who defend our great Nation!

Take care Bro!
animatedsalute.gif

memanpa":2lhu3ogu said:
Horticattleman":2lhu3ogu said:
Ms. Alice I understand where you are coming from kinda. It is remembering the past that helps us learn for now. And I also am against a draft. i think we get much better fighting men and women out of volunteers. But let me tell you, I belong to several veterans groups and deal with ALOT of Vietman vets. Maybe 5 percent are bitter towards the American gov. for things it did, but 100% is bitter towards your generation for how they were treated when they got home. So if we are gonna be stuck in the past lets definitely not forget that.

i work with other vets in the local hospital from korea, nam, gulf 1 current wars ,
i counsel these people and one of the biggest complaints i hear now and when i cam home from nam is how can you say you support the troops but not the war???believe me it is hard to try and explain to these guys, how some people have not a clue!!
i was one of those that saw some nasty duty in nam, came home carrying some extra steel in my body, (enough to set of alarms at the airport) i was also one of those that came thru san francisco and was spit on by the so called patriots that met us there calling us baby killers etc etc.
but i also see most of the ones i council are not bitter at the government as much as they are at the "non supporters" or those that claim to support the troops BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God bless our fighting men and women
:heart: :heart: :heart:

I met my first husband, my daughter's father, not long after he returned from Viet Nam.

Let me assure you...if I had been on of those hissing, spitting, freaks that called our returning soldiers baby killers, I would never have married him...and more importantly, he would never have married me.

'Nuff said...The End.

Alice

tell me Alice
where did i say you were one of those folks that i mentioned???
if you can show me where i even HINTED you were i will appoigize,
but since you cannot i suggest you take some meds for your unreasonable attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NUFF SAID!!!
THE END

memanpa":19ibktps said:
tell me Alice
where did i say you were one of those folks that i mentioned???
if you can show me where i even HINTED you were i will appoigize,
but since you cannot i suggest you take some meds for your unreasonable attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NUFF SAID!!!
THE END

ATTACK???? Whew! I think I'll just let this speak for itself...Wow! :shock:

Alice

typical of you alice , now then where did I call you a spitter or make reference to you as a anti war demonstrator during the nam era??
or are you going to ignore that like you do so many questions when asked for proof! sounds pretty liberal to me LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.