• It's not bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care for it

• No comment

• Total voters
Nice board!
As soon as I have a little more time I will be back to look at some more of those great pics.
Thanks for sharing.
SL

I just started it a few days ago, still got more things to put on yet.

It's already proving to be really interesting for me. :)

arkcowman":18idaogr said:
Its difficult to read the text at the top with the black cows as a background. The pic's are awesome. You do photography well !

Thanks, I'll see what I can do to improve that.

I was kinda hoping there'd be a few more responses than this, but seeing that it's THanksgiving around....

Your website/blog is most impressive. Did you do all of that by yourself? There are ranches that move six digits of livestock yearly, whose website is far lower quality. I hope you managed to get some kind of college credit for all of that work.

Brandonm2":1y2cnfl6 said:
Your website/blog is most impressive. Did you do all of that by yourself? There are ranches that move six digits of livestock yearly, whose website is far lower quality.

Thank you. Yes, I did do that all by myself, and will continue to do so (somehow I manage to find the time :lol: ).

I hope you managed to get some kind of college credit for all of that work.

I will. I know I will. I've been focusing my degree on the interest of raising cattle as much as I possibly can, and it's proving to be fun. 8)

Overall the quality of the work is excellent; BUT you might want to edit this sentence somewhat:

"I have started liking cattle ever since I was strong enough to pull up some grass and coax a steer or two to eat from my hand."

"I have started liking cattle....." That may or may not be grammatically correct but (to my Alabama ears) it sounds a little awkward. The 'have' really isn't necessary, it might be smoother without the 'have'. Or you could strike the 'have started' and replace it with 'began'. Or you could change it to 'I have liked cattle.....'.

I know this is really kind of ticky tack and IF it is NOT grammatically correct I can't name the rule that was violated.

CKC, a lot of the sites I have on there are on my favorites that I've found very informative and interesting, in my spare time of reading.

Brandon, it may be just me, or the American (or Alabamian ;-) ) English is slightly different from the Canuckian English, but I now that I see the point you make, you could be right. It could be, as you say, "I started liking cattle..." or "I've started liking cattle...". The "I began starting to like cattle..." sounds REALLY awkward, for me anyway. So with that little English grammar lesson (thanks for bringin' that up, btw), I'll see what I can do to make it sound a tad better.

Well now that I can clearly see Karin can take what is only meant to be corrective criticism let me give this English thingee a try.

First line:
Ever since my first encounter with cattle, knew I wanted
Shouldn't that read: Ever since my first encounter with cattle, I knew I wanted -----
But what do I know; I was raised in Penna. Dutch country?
SL

Edited because larryshoat made me!
Picky picky picky!

Sir Loin":2jndsple said:
Well now that I can clearly see Harin can take what is only meant to be corrective criticism let me give this English thingee a try.

First line:
Ever since my first encounter with cattle, knew I wanted
Shouldn't that read: Ever since my first encounter with cattle, I knew I wanted -----
But what do I know; I was raised in Penna. Dutch country?
SL

Don't say that SL, you caught that lil' error right on, and thanks! I totally missed it, because usually I spell check after I write something out....ah well, thanks again for catchin' that. :D

Nice site with lots of information. I'm still going through it, but I have a couple of suggestions that might make it easier to navigate.

First, to go to your first blog entry, you have to scroll way down to the bottom, and there's a lot of empty space on that first page to the right side. You might consider putting in some kind of site navigation links, like a picture with click here to go to first post or something like that.

Second, when I'm reading your blog entries, I didn't catch the newer post / older post at first, especially on the first entry. You might move this up to right under the end of the text, and maybe an arrow or something to make it stand out. Also, you have the newer post on the left, and the older post on the right. Usually, it's the other way around. So when you move forward, you click the right button, like turning a page in a book.

Finally, it might be just me, but Next Entry and Previous Entry would have been clearer than newer post /older post.

These may be a bit nit-picky, but that's actually a compliment. The content is good. Site navigation just needs to be touched up a bit to make it more intuitive the first time some one comes to the site.

Thanks for putting this together. I'm enjoying exploring your site.

ArmyDoc":3lj3uokf said:
Nice site with lots of information. I'm still going through it, but I have a couple of suggestions that might make it easier to navigate.

First, to go to your first blog entry, you have to scroll way down to the bottom, and there's a lot of empty space on that first page to the right side. You might consider putting in some kind of site navigation links, like a picture with click here to go to first post or something like that.

Second, when I'm reading your blog entries, I didn't catch the newer post / older post at first, especially on the first entry. You might move this up to right under the end of the text, and maybe an arrow or something to make it stand out. Also, you have the newer post on the left, and the older post on the right. Usually, it's the other way around. So when you move forward, you click the right button, like turning a page in a book.

Finally, it might be just me, but Next Entry and Previous Entry would have been clearer than newer post /older post.

I hate to say this, BUUTtt....I honestly can't do anything about those things that you suggested. I see what you mean and all, and I tried to do a little tinkering to see if I can change that, but I couldn't find how. Sorry... :(

These may be a bit nit-picky, but that's actually a compliment. The content is good. Site navigation just needs to be touched up a bit to make it more intuitive the first time some one comes to the site.

Thanks for putting this together. I'm enjoying exploring your site.

And thanks to you too for the feed-back and comments. :)