Would you let yourself in?

• Yes

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alan":3s624cdj said:
That's a hard one to call, I don't know exactly what I would do. .... it's a tough call.

Alan

You are right. I'm sitting here with 20/20 hindsight but I wasn't there so I can't say for sure what I'd have done but I'm almost positive I'd have just let myself in but maybe something told him not to go in. I hope this is the case but his actions seem strange to me. Maybe there is nothing to it but there are just so many unanswered questions and so much secrecy it just makes you wonder whats going on. Maybe it was suicide. Maybe that's why the authorites are keeping it quiet.

Thanks Farmwriter, she will be missed. She was a good person.

Jogeephus":k9psr1xf said:
Alan":k9psr1xf said:
You are right. I'm sitting here with 20/20 hindsight but I wasn't there so I can't say for sure what I'd have done but I'm almost positive I'd have just let myself in but maybe something told him not to go in. I hope this is the case but his actions seem strange to me. Maybe there is nothing to it but there are just so many unanswered questions and so much secrecy it just makes you wonder whats going on. Maybe it was suicide. Maybe that's why the authorites are keeping it quiet.

A very good friend of mine was found nude, with very dirty feet, a garbage bag over her head, and a rope wrapped around her neck strangled to death in the bath tub of a house she had once lived in with her ex-husband (the worst open casket corpse I have ever seen). He found the body, even though he didn't live in that house any more either (she lived a 100 miles away). "IF" his story, is true he would have been much better off to have called the police rather than going in that house. The police all thought it was murder. Our then police chief told me that town's police chief said it was murder and the ex-husband did it. The press even reported it as a likely murder. The state of AL crime lab ruled it suicide and said there was a suicide note on her laptop. Supposedly, she strangled herself by her own hand. IF they don't know cause of death, it would be better for the authorities to WAIT before making any announcements.

Brandonm22 they had better have strong evidence that it was a suicide because anyone can post a note on your computer after they kill you.

What the h@ll was the ex doing there anyways.. :? Was there domestic violence or anything between the two of them such as a disagreement on divorce settlement ,,sounds very fishy to me.

hillsdown":1k1fwjw0 said:
Brandonm22 they had better have strong evidence that it was a suicide because anyone can post a note on your computer after they kill you..
Yep and a spouse probably has your passwords too.
What the h@ll was the ex doing there anyways.. :? .
There was no reason for either of them to be there. She had moved to Florida and was about to purchase an optometry practice. The house was for sale to settle the divorce agreement
Was there domestic violence or anything between the two of them such as a disagreement on divorce settlement ,,sounds very fishy to me.
Yes, according to her sister. Yes, and Yes, but the ruling of the Alabama crime lab that it was suicide is an awfully big hurdle too climb.

If I was the family and loved ones of her I would move mountains to have the case reopened and handled by a federal jurisdiction.

If I had to guess I would say he kidnapped her and brought her to "their" home to kill her. Then made it look like a suicide. But that is just me , I would love to look at the forensic files..He probably stocked her for months , I wonder if there are any cell phone records or traffic violation records that put him near her home just before her death or even months before her death.

Sad ,very very sad.

1996. I had been thinking of my mother for days (we usually talked on the phone several times a week, at the longest it was 2 weeks but that was rare) , had even called repeatedly over the period of a couple days and got no answer. I lived in Shelton, Washington. My mother lived in Cottage Grove, Oregon. A 6-8 hour drive by car. I started to get a bad feeling that something was wrong. I tried calling my two uncles (her younger brothers) and couldn't get through to them either- they lived about 15-20 minutes from my mother's apartment. Then, after a couple days of trying to get a hold of my mother, I received a call from my youngest uncle telling me my mother was dead (she was 48). Now, my mother had some mental issues that were a result of all the abuse she had gone through as a child. I was told it was suicide, but something felt fishy about the entire situation. Now, in order to understand this you have to know that one of the conditions my mother suffered from was Borderline Personality Disorder, and one of her main symptoms would be "suicidaI gestures". This means they would "attempt" to commit suicide, but always put themselve in a situation where they would be "rescued" before the deed was actually accomplished. They never really MEANT to commit suicide, it was a demented form of seeking attention. Not believing everything I was being told by my uncle, and the whole situation felt wrong. I decided to start investigating on my own and I found out from digging into what happened was that:
1. She had been placed on suicide watch. The deal was that her counselor was supposed to call at specific times over the next 24 hours before he saw her again. If he failed to reach her by phone, he was to send emergency personnel directly to her apartment and meet them there to let them in (he had a key).
2. I found out my mother like to "stock-pile" her medications, and she had given them to the counselor (which was supposed to be in a safe, but which he kept in his desk) so she wouldn't use them and told him that no matter what, not to give them back to her.
3. I found out that at that last appointment with the counselor, when they put her on "suicide watch" per the supervisor's instructions (as told above) and the day she overdose, she had asked the counselor for the stock pile of pills because she wanted them with her and wanted to use them...and the AH gave them to her.
4. While my mother was on "suicide watch", her counselor was at a party. He attempted to make ONE (1) phone call, didn't reach her on the phone, and decided to go back to partying instead of heading to my mothers with emergency personnel.
5. The day after the party he decided, after making ONE (1) other attempt THAT day to call her, to head to her apartment with emergency personnel and that is when they found her dead.
6. I talked to the coroner directly and was told that she overdosed on prescription medication, and he told me what medication and what amounts: which supported the report of her counselor giving her back her "stock pile" of medications.
7. I also found out from the coroner what the time of death was. I contacted the counselor's office, spoke with the superviser, and found out that my mother died 1 hour AFTER the scheduled phone call. I was also told by the coroner that if emergency personnel had shown up at the approximate scheduled time and she had received emergency OD treatment, she would have SURVIVED.

I filed a wrongful death law suit against the counselor and the counseling office and won. The jury was out for less than 20 minutes.

2000. Again, had been thinking about my grandmother for days. She had been ill for sometime. She lived in Federal Way, Washington while I still lived in Shelton, Washington. Unfortunately, we did not have the funds for me to drive up to see her at that particular time. We had repeatedly scheduled dates for us to get together so we could visit (besides my mother, she was also one of my best friends- we used to travel all over the place together). Only to have her repeatedly cancel them. My father, who lived only 20 minutes away, was a total AH who always took advantage of his mother (my grandmother), stole from her, etc. I had once asked my grandmother why she let him get away with everything he did, and she told me, "because when the time comes that I can't take care of myself, I will need him to help take care of me and I don't want to make him mad so that he won't be there for me when I need him." I kept telling her that I would always be there for her, and when the time came that she couldn't take care of herself anymore, that I would. Anways, my father was supposed to go physically check on her several times per week, as well as make daily phone calls. I get a call from my younger sister (who lives in Astoria, Oregon) telling me our grandmother was dead. My dad didn't even have the guts to call me himself to tell me. Something felt wrong to me, so again I did a bit of investigating on my own (like I did with my mother's death) and found out that she had fallen when trying to get into or out of her bed, couldn't get up, and laid there for several days before she died. She was dead in her apartment for TWO (2) WEEKS before my father finally went and checked on her.

So, due to my own experiences and family history, if I had the keys to get into the home I would call the local police to do a welfare check on that person and that I would meet them there and let them into the home.
1. So if that family member was passed, I wouldn't have to find the body.
2. So if that family member was hurt or seriously ill, the police could get the proper emegency medical response unit there (they move faster when police are calling them in), and so I could be there as support for that family member.
3. So if there are suspicious circumstances regarding the death of the loved one, if that is the case, the scene would remain in tact for thorough investigation and I wouldn't be a suspect since I waited for the police before entering the home.

And yes, even to this day I think, "What if I had done....", "What if I had gone....", "What if...", "What if...". But "what if's" don't help, they just make us more miserable, feeling that maybe if we had done something differently that person would still be alive today. The hardest thing is admitting its not your fault, it was out of your hands, and .....its in the past and nothing now can change what happened back then.

Jogeephus":k8wmilka said:
My godsister was found dead in her home this week and something has been nagging me and I wondered if I could trouble you for your opinion on something. If your mother called you and asked if you would go check on your brother/sister cause she had not heard from them for several days and you went to their house and found their car in the drive and several newspapers in the drive and no one would answer the door. What would you do? Would you let yourself in and see what was up or would you call the police and not go in the house until the police arrived?

I would call the police to do a well check and wait for them to arrive if I were not related, like if it were a neighbor and I'd still be looking for a way to see inside while I waited... But if it were a relative I'd go in. Especially if it were an elderly or disabled person.

I voted yes because it would be a sibling of yours. Anyone other than a sibling, no.

Are you suspecting funny play?

I remember when I was small my Mum and Aunt found a neighbour who had died. They climbed over the garden fence to get in through the back door. she had been dead for about two days the Dr said. If it was a relative I think I would go in but a neighbor I think I would wait for the police. Not quite sure as I am a bit of a coward at things like death and dead bodies. I think I would pass out if maggots or flies were coming out of the body, that sort of thing scares me, can't watch it on TV let alone for real. Jo Have you asked your Mother if she has heard anything more.? I am sorry for your loss.

chrisy":2tojzd5q said:
Jo Have you asked your Mother if she has heard anything more.? I am sorry for your loss.

Mom doesn't know anything and that is what is also strange cause with her tact she could get the location of the Holy Grail from a Knights Templer if she wanted to. All she knows is that they sent her to the crime lab and was buried later. All the paper says is that she died and was buried. No mention of family, service or anything. Really uncommon around here.

Wqw,really playing it close to the vest.. Is anyone close to the case any kin of the law?