Something good from two OK lawmakers.

Help Support CattleToday:

That will help with 5.56 and 9mm. But what the heck is going on with 22LR. Can't find any around this part of GA.
My wife just got back from Macon, and she went to Academy, Bass Pro, and Dicks and nobody had any 22LR.

highgrit":1hxnzt98 said:
That will help with 5.56 and 9mm. But what the heck is going on with 22LR. Can't find any around this part of GA.
My wife just got back from Macon, and she went to Academy, Bass Pro, and Dicks and nobody had any 22LR.

Even if you find it you may not want to buy it. Ive seen alot of private sellers selling a brick for $70. Even saw one trying to get $400 for a brick. I hope somebody knocks him in the head and steals it from him.

It's all in shortage. .22 is in shortage because when other calibers are being ordered in bulk the materials to make.22 go to filling bulk orders. I'm just glad to hear that someone in D.C. has it figured out.

Craig Miller":26skas0q said:
highgrit":26skas0q said:

Even if you find it you may not want to buy it. Ive seen alot of private sellers selling a brick for $70. Even saw one trying to get $400 for a brick. I hope somebody knocks him in the head and steals it from him.

Looks like I might have passed up a good deal at a Houston gun show this weekend, they were only wanting $119.95 for a 550 round box.

Yep, that is a good one Jim introduced. He has always been a gun owner rights advocate.

Don't understand the hoarding of 22LR. 30.06 or 308 or some other HP rifle I could understand but not 22.

I have a friend who works in a gun shop and I just call him and ask him to reserve me a box. When they come in he calls. So far it has worked very well - I have all the 22LR I need and they didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Local retired guy goes to Wal-Mart 4-5 days a week and waits on the trucks. Him and his wife shoot a bunch. He called the other night and they got in like 15 cases of 22LR. I went up and bought my alotted 3 boxes. It's ridiculous to have to go to these lengths for 22LR but my boy loves to shoot.