Someone is using my bull without my permission to sell their genetics

Help Support CattleToday:

WalnutCrest

Reaction score
An odd way to end the day ...

I just found an advertisement (in Russian and on a Russian website) of someone living somewhere in central Europe advertising the sale of Aubrac genetics and beef into Russia ... using a picture of one of my bulls (at least they picked a good picture of a really (!) good bull)!

I've sent them a cease and desist letter (in English, not Russian); any other suggestions?

I've seen this happen on other boards, where they use a picture of someone else's animal to advertise either live animals or semen. Saw it on a goat board a few months ago, so I guess it isn't all that uncommon but it's still wrong.
Evidently, their own stock isn't good enough, so they just nab a pic off the internet.

It may be a complete scam, and they don't have anything to sell. In any case, I'd be astonished if your letter has any effect.

Putin is the largest beef producer in Russia,maybe you should try and sell semen to him and cut out the middleman

Son of Butch":cc0gue8l said:
Check with Bright Raven on his mail order Russian bride bait and switch photo experiences. :)

Leave me outta this. :D. I can't keep up with the local ladies.

Rafter S":dx6cmra3 said:
It may be a complete scam, and they don't have anything to sell. In any case, I'd be astonished if your letter has any effect.

Me too.

I felt better for sending it ... but don't expect it to change what is going on.

greybeard":ebypch65 said:
I've seen this happen on other boards, where they use a picture of someone else's animal to advertise either live animals or semen. Saw it on a goat board a few months ago, so I guess it isn't all that uncommon but it's still wrong.
Evidently, their own stock isn't good enough, so they just nab a pic off the internet.

You looking into some goats?

Unless the picture is copy righted you have even less chance of getting satisfaction.

There's a lot to be said for using watermarks. One of my Facebook pics ended up a guys blog from Bulgaria. I simply thanked him for thinking enough of my picture to use it on his blog. Checked 30 minutes later and the picture and comments had gone poof.

Latest posts