someone explain this to me cuz i dont get it

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
went to the hiefer sale and ran into a guy i buy hay from. we were chattin bout stuff and we satrted talking bout the prices....he wasnt buyin or sellin so we were talking bout how crappy i did at the market this week

anyways..i ask him how they get a thousand a piece for them .how to justify it when i am sellin quality steers fro avg of .70/lb. a 550,a 750,a 850 lbers...fat/square/they were nice. well i knew after i went thru the sale.

so i ask him if hes got any for sale and he says not really. so we get on to tlkng bout prices again and he says he cant get that much per potload and laffs.so itell him id give him 1$/lb for 4 or 5 hiefers when hes gettin read to load lemme know..well he says that he cant sell em to me for that he has to get 1k ea. i told him that was too rich fer me and i kinda left it at that.

so tell me..why would you not sell them to me for 1$/lb when yer not gonna git that selling a potload. i offering more than he was gonna make and he tells me hes has to rape me for 1k..wtf..someone explain this to me cuz i dont get it

Guy's full of crapola. You can buy extra fancy bred heifers,vaccinated, tested, and retested, AI'd and or pasture bred of any breed or combo of breeds you can think of for less than 1k. Tifton HERD sale, check it out. Was that guy named Ed Simms?

dieselbeef":i35yeym7 said:
went to the hiefer sale and ran into a guy i buy hay from. we were chattin bout stuff and we satrted talking bout the prices....he wasnt buyin or sellin so we were talking bout how crappy i did at the market this week

anyways..i ask him how they get a thousand a piece for them .how to justify it when i am sellin quality steers fro avg of .70/lb. a 550,a 750,a 850 lbers...fat/square/they were nice. well i knew after i went thru the sale.

so i ask him if hes got any for sale and he says not really. so we get on to tlkng bout prices again and he says he cant get that much per potload and laffs.so itell him id give him 1$/lb for 4 or 5 hiefers when hes gettin read to load lemme know..well he says that he cant sell em to me for that he has to get 1k ea. i told him that was too rich fer me and i kinda left it at that.

so tell me..why would you not sell them to me for 1$/lb when yer not gonna git that selling a potload. i offering more than he was gonna make and he tells me hes has to rape me for 1k..wtf..someone explain this to me cuz i dont get it

I had the same kind of thing happen last year, trying to buy some yearling crossbred heifers. I ended up getting registered BRED heifers for the same price and made a new friend at the same time. I watched the sale reports for 3 weeks and sure enuf the fella that tried to screw me got about $100 apiece less for them than he was asking me, and they were OPEN to boot.

Don't let that kind of stuff bother you, be patient and the right deal will come along.

He was trying to see what he could get--silly man,now you're gonna wonder about every deal you have with him and count your hay bales twice.. I wouldn't trust much if any of what he says..

That's what I was gonna say. "a guy that will screw you one way will do it another" Maybe call around some before you next hay order. :cowboy:

I had a fella try to sell me a highly papered cutting horse for $5000. He said, and I quote " he is worth $50,000 if someone will give it to me". I think he finally sold it for $1500 with the saddle. Or maybe he sold the custome saddle for $1000 and $500 for the horse. Either way someone saved themselves around $48,000.

yeah..ill be rethinkin my dealings with bob...all the hiefers at the sale went for over 1k tho..almost all anyways..inlots of 3 and 4....but not his ...altho his are probly as good i wont be heading over there for any cows!

Latest posts