Somebody had better grab this one

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king":35kpbc3u said:
Santas and Duhram Reds":35kpbc3u said:
Good grief Ala, you like to fight over just about anything just for the sake of argument. I can think of many, many outfits that don't use them.
and you must not be one of them seeing that you have 1/4 bloods for sale.
hes a school teacher, his cattle are a hobby.... just like mine

sim.-ang.king":1v2frje4 said:
Santas and Duhram Reds":1v2frje4 said:
Good grief Ala, you like to fight over just about anything just for the sake of argument. I can think of many, many outfits that don't use them.
and you must not be one of them seeing that you have 1/4 bloods for sale.

:???:

1/2 bloods, don't market them as quarter bloods (what would be the point). Yeah, I am a school teacher, and cattle are a "hobby" as they are to most cattle people anymore. Most herds in the U.S. are under 50 head, hobby, all of them. But just because you are hobby doesn't mean you are not a serious cattleman.

Lots of people base their entire operation on the sale of 1/2 bloods.

Because all expert cattlemen raise Angus or Simmental, right? Sorry just had to say something to this post.[/quote] i wonder why the big ranches, and outfits use em ???[/quote]

Because they can afford them....

Ride up through Deer Valley. Cattle neck deep in bunks while the pastures are irrigated and trimmed to look like a golf course.... Awsome cows to look at though! :tiphat:[/quote] no thats the wealthy big wheels money dump ,, im talking ranching.. you know where their livelyhood depends on the animal they raise

Well mines more then a hobby and less then a living, but I don't got a website. :(

:lol2:

I was just implying the fact that he has angus crossed cattle like most people do. Just like to keep the thread going. :lol2: :dunce:

Santas and Duhram Reds":ubq7bruw said:
1/2 bloods, don't market them as quarter bloods (what would be the point). Yeah, I am a school teacher, and cattle are a "hobby" as they are to most cattle people anymore. Most herds in the U.S. are under 50 head, hobby, all of them. But just because you are hobby doesn't mean you are not a serious cattleman.Lots of people base their entire operation on the sale of 1/2 bloods.
exactly,wont argue with that...it just dont answer my question

ALACOWMAN":bhw6049i said:
Because all expert cattlemen raise Angus or Simmental, right? Sorry just had to say something to this post.
i wonder why the big ranches, and outfits use em ???[/quote]

Because they can afford them....

Ride up through Deer Valley. Cattle neck deep in bunks while the pastures are irrigated and trimmed to look like a golf course.... Awsome cows to look at though! :tiphat:[/quote] no thats the wealthy big wheels money dump ,, im talking ranching.. you know where their livelyhood depends on the animal they raise[/quote]

I know what you were saying, just thought I'd fuss a little... :lol2:

As said though, there are plenty of outfits making a living off different breeds. Whatever works! :nod:

Actually my website it grossly outdated (was going to work on that this summer but have been too busy with my hobby cattle, soybeans, fence building, and praying for rain). I have one heifer that has angus in her background. She came out of a Durham Red heifer I bought that was bred N Bar Prime Time. I do have Red Angus genetics, Shorthorn genetics and of course Santas.

Santas and Duhram Reds":33jgddiu said:
1/2 bloods, don't market them as quarter bloods (what would be the point). Yeah, I am a school teacher, and cattle are a "hobby" as they are to most cattle people anymore. Most herds in the U.S. are under 50 head, hobby, all of them. But just because you are hobby doesn't mean you are not a serious cattleman.

Lots of people base their entire operation on the sale of 1/2 bloods.
I wasn't poking fun at your hobby, because i'm not one that makes $20,000 a year on cattle, more like 2-3K so I at rich either. I was just say that the large majority of cattle do have some kind of angus or simmental in them anymore. Yes when you get further west you get less and less, but you probably wouldn't have to travel far to get one. ;-)

Because all expert cattlemen raise Angus or Simmental, right? Sorry just had to say something to this post.[/quote] i wonder why the big ranches, and outfits use em ???[/quote]

'Cuz that's the power of Angus I guess. The tools that are available, the selection, readily accessible, etc.

Santas and Duhram Reds":id6im6ik said:
Because all expert cattlemen raise Angus or Simmental, right? Sorry just had to say something to this post.
i wonder why the big ranches, and outfits use em ???[/quote]

'Cuz that's the power of Angus I guess. The tools that are available, the selection, readily accessible, etc.[/quote]well thats the power behind angus....

HOSS":1ehjp6tj said:
Somebody had better grab this bull before he's gone.........

http://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/3106344552.html

So sad
depressed.gif

I was too slow. The ad is deleted. Now I want to know, who is the lucky person here that bought him? ;-)

Santas and Duhram Reds":1oh5c3vc said:
Actually my website it grossly outdated (was going to work on that this summer but have been too busy with my hobby cattle, soybeans, fence building, and praying for rain). I have one heifer that has angus in her background. She came out of a Durham Red heifer I bought that was bred N Bar Prime Time. I do have Red Angus genetics, Shorthorn genetics and of course Santas.
I was busy doing all that too...plus I spend a lot of time turning barley and hops into urine. :mrgreen: Limits my productiveness but mercy I get smart and brave. :???:

Yeah, the 6 and 4 year old boys I take care of all summer long limit MY productiveness

Edit: they often add to the list :help: :cry2: :help: We had them a little later in life. I am in my mid/late 30's but gosh they wear me out.

Santas and Duhram Reds":3d429k4f said:
Yeah, the 6 and 4 year old boys I take care of all summer long limit MY productiveness

Edit: they often add to the list :help: :cry2: :help: We had them a little later in life. I am in my mid/late 30's but gosh they wear me out.
Try being 43 with 5 and 7 year old boys and a 18 year old daughter. They are going in kindergarten and second, she's going to Fayetteville. Oh yeah, the boys want to be just like daddy. Sometimes hard to get onto them when your so proud.