Some weaned bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
I took the camera down to feed some weaned bull calves this evening.

bulls-fall09005.jpg

I think this is a Strategy bull out of a Foreman cow (her second calf) His back legs are fine; he's just standing funny.

bulls-fall09002.jpg

And I think this is a Right Time calf out of an 878 cow.

bulls-fall09003.jpg

Butt I can't be sure. They tend to take their eating very seriously. :D

Frankie where are you located? There is a nice angus farm off of I 40 on the Muck**** turnpike headed to Tulsa , that I always thought had nice cattle , or at least a beautiful operation..

alftn":3ai78kgt said:
Frankie where are you located? There is a nice angus farm off of I 40 on the Muck**** turnpike headed to Tulsa , that I always thought had nice cattle , or at least a beautiful operation..

We're in the south central part of the state.....way off I40, thank goodness. :)

Jeanne - Simme Valley":38hefbac said:
Frankie - calves look really good. How long have they been weaned, and/or on feed? I just weaned our last 26 calves l week ago. Sure don't look like yours. Good job.

They've been weaned 4-5 weeks. We try to get them weaned 45 days before delivering them to the test station. I think delivery for this test is October 3. The cows fussed more about the weaning than the calves, I think. These guys adapted pretty quick. They're in a 20 acre paddock with decent grass and getting a bull development ration similar to what they feed at the test station. I'm happy with them; but we'll know more in February. :D

aussie_cowgirl":2fqe9zqh said:
They tend to take their eating very seriously

Can't complain about that. Little bit of tightness around the heart girth of the front bull in the first pic but they look to be growing out well.

Thanks. We haven't raised the perfect one yet. Guess that's why we're still at it.

Latest posts