Some Tuli pictures from N.C.

Help Support CattleToday:

andybob

Reaction score
IMG_0082-1.jpg

!5 yr old cow with heifer calf

IMG_0084-1.jpg

Full sister to first cow (embryo import) pregnant.

IMG_0087-1.jpg

Herd matriarch with heifer calf and friends.

SANY0007.jpg

Brangus/Tuli cross heifer

SANY0005.jpg

A grey Brangus/Tuli cross heifer.

I took these when the cattle and veterinary staff from Duke University visited to see the first Tuli cattle in NC.

hate too be the turd in the punch bowl,,, but they aint what i was expecting. they must cross well with something, he!1 anything

alacattleman":2xdndrpe said:
hate too be the turd in the punch bowl,,, but they aint what i was expecting. they must cross well with something, he!1 anything

No problem, they were selected from cattle adapted to extremely harsh environment, poor forage and high parasite levels, so are a good 'base' breed providing fertility, good mothering, meat quality and high feed conversion rates. I have always promoted them as a base for an F1 damline especially as the heterosis contribution is high due to their unique genetics. The most popular cross is with Red Angus in the U.S.A. and with Sussex in Zim, I sold Tuli/Simmental heifers to a company that used Angus as their terminal for their feedlot and butchery (in Zim). My in laws did a 3 way cross with Hereford and Simmental in Namibia, changing to Red Angus when their Hereford supplier died and the herd was sold. They cross equally well with Bos Indicus and their composites. During the drought two years ago in NC they continued to hold condition foraging on old cotton fields utilising the relatively poor grasses and forbes, and browsed on willow for a few weeks when the swamp behind my house dried up. They are a good basic breed for the southern cattle producer wantin a low imput breed or cross. There are some better quality pictures on the photo album on this site;
http://www.tuli.co.za/

Latest posts