Some Strange Texas Laws

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
It is illegal to sell ones eye.
A program has been created in the state that attempts to control the weather.

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.

It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.

It is illegal to milk another person's cow.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

City Laws
Abilene
It is illegal to idle or loiter anyplace within the corporate limits of the city for the purpose of flirting or mashing.

Austin
Wire cutters can not be carried in your pocket.

Beaumont
Collegiate football is banned at Lamar University.

Borger
It is against the law to throw confetti, rubber balls, feather dusters, whips or quirts (riding crop), and explosive firecrackers of any kind.

Clarendon
It is illegal to dust any public building with a feather duster.

Dallas
It's illegal to possess realistic dildos.

El Paso
Urinating on the streets is illegal.
Appearing in public places wearing a "lewd dress" is prohibited.

grannysoo":1b0q0yiu said:
alacattleman":1b0q0yiu said:
you texans got alot of dildo issues :lol:

I was thinking the same thing...

What do you think an Indian wife (from the country India) in the drought area of Texas would run for dowry? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HerefordSire":x9923ihq said:
grannysoo":x9923ihq said:
alacattleman":x9923ihq said:

I was thinking the same thing...

What do you think an Indian wife (from the country India) in the drought area of Texas would run for dowry? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I used to work with people from India. The bride's family pays the groom's family the dowry. A guy with a college degree and a green card and a job in the U.S. was worth a few million rupees back in 1980-something. Many marriages were still arranged. One woman I worked with was honoring the arranged marriage her parents had contracted when she was a child. She met with the guy, they decided they were compatible and set a date for the wedding. Practical considerations first, hopefully love comes later. It's a whole different deal.

TexasBred":3nj3o6se said:
alacattleman":3nj3o6se said:

We don't but apparently a lot of the so called "lawmakers" had bad experiences with them. :lol2:

There was a big deal about that in Burleson a few years ago. Lady had a business doing "parties", (I've been to one, it was a hoot!) for adult toys, out of her home, and she was arrested because cops sent an undercover couple to her husband's business there in Old Town, where the wife was working for him, and they just begged to see some of her merchandise. She kept telling them she could not because it was not legal to sell it there as it was not zoned for that purpose. They kept bugging her until she went out to her car and got some of her wares and they arrested her. It was on the national news.

We really do have dildo issues. Gotta keep the public safe from all that trash...

It's illegal around here to carry wire cutters in your glove compartment. That made sense to me when I was a kid. We nearly had a killing in my family when I was a kid over someone cutting my uncle's fence. There were hard feeling about that for, lord, twenty years or more.

"Adult Parties" or internet ordering is what goes on around here. Not only are toys illegal in a few of the counties around here, so are dvd rentals and such. The biggest county here is "dry" when it comes to adult products.

Lammie":gqz302x0 said:
TexasBred":gqz302x0 said:
alacattleman":gqz302x0 said:

We don't but apparently a lot of the so called "lawmakers" had bad experiences with them. :lol2:

There was a big deal about that in Burleson a few years ago. Lady had a business doing "parties", (I've been to one, it was a hoot!) for adult toys, out of her home, and she was arrested because cops sent an undercover couple to her husband's business there in Old Town, where the wife was working for him, and they just begged to see some of her merchandise. She kept telling them she could not because it was not legal to sell it there as it was not zoned for that purpose. They kept bugging her until she went out to her car and got some of her wares and they arrested her. It was on the national news.

We really do have dildo issues. Gotta keep the public safe from all that trash...

It's illegal around here to carry wire cutters in your glove compartment. That made sense to me when I was a kid. We nearly had a killing in my family when I was a kid over someone cutting my uncle's fence. There were hard feeling about that for, lord, twenty years or more.

Miss Lammie, i am totally shocked :shock: that a school teacher was into adult toys. I would have never thought that of you in a thousand years. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Where were the good Texas men?

Miss Lammie, i am totally shocked that a school teacher was into adult toys. I would have never thought that of you in a thousand years.
Where were the good Texas men?

Curtis....you took the words right out of my mouth.....my only other question was "do they work"?? :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts