Some really bad weather in south Georgia

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":2fiulxib said:
A lot of folks lost it all, and more lost their homes and everything they owned. I'm sure a few thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.
That's some bad stuff came through here Friday night.
Better hunker down it had hail and some minor twisters straight line winds and it has gotten meaner heading east.

Caustic Burno":18uzq7t7 said:
True Grit Farms":18uzq7t7 said:
A lot of folks lost it all, and more lost their homes and everything they owned. I'm sure a few thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.
That's some bad stuff came through here Friday night.
Better hunker down it had hail and some minor twisters straight line winds and it has gotten meaner heading east.
That was some of the wickedest lightening I've ever seen, but here, the light show and rain was all we had.

It was pretty exciting at times. Sadly, a friend and his wife were killed by the storms and another friend's son and his family are in the hospital after a tornado ravaged their home during the night. We have a mess to clean up and it will take weeks if not months to get things back right. Not looking forward to tomorrow but it will be what it will be and that will surely be a mess but I consider myself lucky.

Some pictures of the aftermath.

16143371_1064602263651304_3702840844960380030_n.jpg

16142563_1064606143650916_5407797912565919819_n.jpg

16265558_1064605343650996_2566488456243568729_n.jpg

Oh dear! :( I had heard some bad weather was going through that way. I didn't know it was that bad. :frowns: I'm so sorry for the loss of your friends, Joe.

Prayers are going out to the people affected.

Jogeephus":367u8czh said:
It was pretty exciting at times. Sadly, a friend and his wife were killed by the storms and another friend's son and his family are in the hospital after a tornado ravaged their home during the night. We have a mess to clean up and it will take weeks if not months to get things back right. Not looking forward to tomorrow but it will be what it will be and that will surely be a mess but I consider myself lucky.
Glad you are ok.So very sorry for the loss of your friends.Prayers for recovery for those hospitalized.Will be praying for you also, for strength to walk ahead amidst this tragedy.

Jogeephus":3v4pw9du said:

I am so sorry to hear that but glad you're okay. Speaking from experience, it can take years to clean up the destruction. Mother Nature can be cruel.

So sorry for your loss and the injuries to others. Prayers to all affected and hoping for some good weather to help in the clean up and trying to put things back together.

Thanks for the well wishes but I feel really blessed. I've spent the day doing damage evaluation when I came across this and was just in awe at how lucky I am. I don't know if you can see this well but the mangled timber on the left is the neighbor's and the only thing separating it from us was the pink flagging and paint I marked the line with a few months ago. The tornado stopped right on the line! I thought this amazing. I've always been told clearly marked property lines make for good neighbors but never knew they could fend off tornadoes. (this line continues for a quarter mile)

16115060_1670606416570584_8702378951285885863_n.jpg

Wish I could say it all fared that well but have another place that has about sixty acres that is nothing but a mangled mess.

Latest posts