Some random pictures...

Help Support CattleToday:

showing71

Reaction score
I was on heat check duty today and decided to take some pictures.
Edit: I was supposed to be doing stuff while taking these pictures, so to elaborate a little more...
These are the beginnings of my herd. If you have any comments, go ahead a leave them. I have tough skin, sorta :) .
Red Angus replacement heifer
21bredhefier.jpg

Red Angus cow
33cow.jpg

Red Angus cow babysitting
33cowandcalves.jpg

Another Red Angus cow and calf
45cowandcalf.jpg

3 year old Red Angus cow
61cow.jpg

2 bull calves watching the dog swim in the pond
redanguscalves1.jpg

Angus cow
25cow.jpg

Her heifer calf
25calf2.jpg

Angus replacement heifer
87bredheifer.jpg

xbred":3gz2dbhf said:
the brand on the front shoulder of the last repoacement heifer is my brand...i brand on the right hip..
Is your brand a freeze brand also?

Thanks for the pictures. Some nice looking cattle on some nice grass.

That bare spot on the right rear of the Angus cow - is that part of a brand or just a bare spot?

The reason I ask is that I have a calf about 2 weks old with a bare spot that looks a lot like hat but more near his rear. Otherwise he looks healthy but I was just wondering what it was. An acquaintance says its from the cow licking the calf but that does not seem right - have not seen it on other calves.

I specially like the two bull calves - looking for some mischief! Jim

SRBeef":3db2ezap said:
Thanks for the pictures. Some nice looking cattle on some nice grass.

That bare spot on the right rear of the Angus cow - is that part of a brand or just a bare spot?

The reason I ask is that I have a calf about 2 weks old with a bare spot that looks a lot like hat but more near his rear. Otherwise he looks healthy but I was just wondering what it was. An acquaintance says its from the cow licking the calf but that does not seem right - have not seen it on other calves.

I specially like the two bull calves - looking for some mischief! Jim
Thanks! The patch on that cow is a combo of shedding and getting ridden by other cows (she just got AI'd a couple days ago) and the hair seems to rub off easier by the brands. And those 2 calves are very mischievous, they chased the dog all over.

Nice pics of cows and calves thanks for sharing....

I really really want your grass. I am so jealous........
36_33_181-1.gif

hillsdown":1fq8c5ah said:
Nice pics of cows and calves thanks for sharing....

I really really want your grass. I am so jealous........
36_33_181-1.gif
The grass is great now. It always looks good in May, hopefully we get more rain, otherwise it starts drying up by late June :frowns:, then we have to wean in July :frowns: .

you have a fine looking starter herd there.as well as some goodlooking replacement heifers.