Extentionphotos043.jpg

Extentionphotos046.jpg

Rumen canulated steer at uni

Extentionphotos036.jpg

The only texas longhorn I've seen 'in real life' a steer in a petting zoo

CattleTallangatta034.jpg

His brahman buddy

CattleTallangatta035.jpg

Lovely cow hocks on him (sorry forgot to rotate)
CattleTallangatta038.jpg

CattleTallangatta016.jpg

CattleTallangatta019.jpg

Couple cute calves I forgot to rotate

IMG0083.jpg

Honkey-donks in the cattle wash bay

IMG0082.jpg

This is quite cool, this allows an animal to be suspended for dissection, so you can tell where in the body all the organs lie (at the uni vet labs)

P8080088.jpg

My feedlot lambs at uni
PB070309.jpg

Baby bun

PA180118.jpg

Why I Dont Like Sheep

P1310013.jpg

P1310014.jpg

Watch out for them big ol ornery bulls

Cattle176.jpg

Cattle268.jpg

Cattle269.jpg

Cattle264.jpg

Heifer dead to the world (note the bull next to her has managed to take his halter off - he was good at that)

Cattle175.jpg

Kids and calves

Melbourne0406.jpg

Nice pics. The dissection suspension contraption is neat-except the horse looks alive like she's looking at you!! haha. Love the baby bunny! I hate sheep too! :cboy:

Sheep are funny. Anything for the last bit of feed. Our Royal has this guy who brings a massive brahman bull he poddied to the petting zoo. He lets me go under the rail to give him a scratch coz 'i know how to do it right.' hahaha. I'm not even joking about polled animals, they are going to seem like nothing to lead anymore. Although horns are fun to shine and handy to grab onto.

interestingly john, most of the horses we get for dissection are OTTTB who were too slow and are headed to the knackery. and the same with dogs for dissection - slow greyhounds.

this girl was an exception though - some sort of pony. I think she had a leg injury

Latest posts