Some pictures of the calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Rosielou

Reaction score
A few pictures I have on my phone. I will bring my camera out one day and try to get some better ones. The sire is just commercial Angus, we sold him this summer and are buying a new bull in the next couple of months. We left him year round, but most calve in late fall- early spring. But I still have a few that will drop in a couple months. But so far we are 6/6, 2 heifers and 4 bull calves. One cow calved two or three days ago, and another cow is bagging up so I expect a calf in a couple weeks. My herd is strictly commercial.
My favorite cow calved a couple days before my birthday. I don't know what breed exactly(salebarn cow), but I think probably BW x Angus
Found the momma eating afterbirth
IMG_8295_zps785f3735.jpg

about a week old
40bede7a47f811e3856c22000ae8112f_7_zpsd3007f59.jpg

IMG_8517_zpsddbdbd9f.jpg

IMG_8525_zpsdfd0ccb8.jpg

3-4 year old Angus with a little of Shorthorn/Holstein(waaay back). She has the best udder of my group.
IMG_8510_zps7fe29eaf.jpg

My current favorite bull calf. He was born late October/early November, I don't remember which. His momma is atleast 14 years old and is still probably by best producer and has the highest weaning weights. She is angus with some brahman. She isn't the prettiest but she will raise a heck of a calf.
IMG_8642_zps988e4020.jpg

IMG_8641_zps51854f38.jpg

IMG_8669_zps6fc76d40.jpg

IMG_3093_zps42975ec7.jpg

I really like that British white-looking cow, she sure is carrying good flesh!
Only thing that I would do , is to figure out how to get a calf without so much chrome out of her. We get beat up so bad on those off-colored calves.
I enjoyed your pics! Please post more sometime.

Thank you all for the comments!
Jason, she is my favorite for a reason :D . I was concerned about her being too fat, but she hasn't had any problems so I don't worry about it. She usually has solid black calves when crossed with an angus, but once in a while she will drop a spotted one. She's had two spotted calves, and both have been heifers. This is her other heifer. She is 3-4 and is due to have her second calf in a couple months. Her first calf was black, so I'm betting she'll have mostly black calves as well.
IMG_7793_zpsaf6e8c2f.jpg

Had a cow calve a day before Christmas! Mother is British White(possible crossed?) and the heifer is Angus x BW
This is the mother with last year's calf
iphone002_zps21ba2946.jpg

This is the heifer.
tumblr_mzb9cncLYX1rdftrko2_500_zps8da5b03d.jpg

Sorry for bad quality. Was feeding some range meal today and snapped it with my phone. Also ignore that old cow in the background. Can't ever get her up to sell her :roll:

Latest posts