They all heard the dinner bell (sack)
DinnerBell-02.jpg

The calves enjoy the Gettin' There as much as anything
DinnerBell-01.jpg

Found It!
DinnerBell-03.jpg

Enjoy

Ryan

you have some goodlooking pairs.love the pics of the cows an calves running to find the feed.

Ryan,

I must say that although I wouldn't raise Longhorns your posts with pictures as of late would make me want to do so. Your herd seems to be a bit more fleshy than most Longhorns. They actually look health, when most look to skinny. Why is that? Is it in your breeding or feed program?

BARNSCOOP":1f4zqy48 said:
Ryan,

I must say that although I wouldn't raise Longhorns your posts with pictures as of late would make me want to do so. Your herd seems to be a bit more fleshy than most Longhorns. They actually look health, when most look to skinny. Why is that? Is it in your breeding or feed program?

Thank you. We try very hard to increase the quality of our animals, in regards to beef. The top pair is the only animal in any of these pictures that has seen a feed bucket recently, and she hasn't seen much of any grain since February. She takes to grain really well, and can get too fat on us if we don't pay real close attention. The cattle in the pasture get some cubes, 2-3 times a week, just to keep them coming to us. We do show our animals, so the younger ones on the show circuit get fed very well. However, once their show career is over they are put to pasture. There have been some that didn't make the adjustment well, but only a small amount really.

Ryan