Some pics of the calves from our Vanguard bull

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
Double V sent me some pictures of the fall calves from the Bennet Vanguard bull we bought at Knollcrest farms a couple of years ago. He is the last son of Bennett Kingpin bred by Knollcrest. So far it looks like our gamble is paying off. I like his bulls but I think I love his heifers. I have a couple of girls out of him this spring that are gorgeous. They were just weaned. All October or later calves.

Vic-
What a herd "package" those calves present!! Think how a 'slightly' line-bred related bull would enhance the genetics of those heifers! For $35,000 to $40,000 a wise breeder could acquire a 'beginning' package with these calves and in less than six years have an "Anchor" herd of real money-makers. The beef cow-calf market is predicted to stay high and profitable for at least ten years into the future. NOW is the time to expand with quality breeding such as these calves!

Congratulations Vic!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":qc302vqu said:
Vic-
What a herd "package" those calves present!! Think how a 'slightly' line-bred related bull would enhance the genetics of those heifers! For $35,000 to $40,000 a wise breeder could acquire a 'beginning' package with these calves and in less than six years have an "Anchor" herd of real money-makers. The beef cow-calf market is predicted to stay high and profitable for at least ten years into the future. NOW is the time to expand with quality breeding such as these calves!

Congratulations Vic!

DOC HARRIS

Funny you should say that ;-) :cowboy:

I think I could save a lot of time and energy and be better of in the long run by just letting you pick my bulls for me. :D

cow pollinater":3tvd9v05 said:
I think I could save a lot of time and energy and be better of in the long run by just letting you pick my bulls for me. :D

This bull was a collaboration between Double V and myself. In fact if I remember correctly he is the one who found him to begin with.

Looks like that Kingpin son has reached/exceeded your expectations! I only had one direct daughter of Kingpin in my herd and sold her as a bred heifer, but she sold really really well. Kind of regret that decision! Any thoughts on what you will use on his heifers you keep?

Cibster":27b1z78f said:
Looks like that Kingpin son has reached/exceeded your expectations! I only had one direct daughter of Kingpin in my herd and sold her as a bred heifer, but she sold really really well. Kind of regret that decision! Any thoughts on what you will use on his heifers you keep?

The ones I keep will probably get bred to Pure Power and then crossed back to a Kingpin Grandson.